THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    What's your favorite form of protection?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your favorite form of protection?
 Login/Join

<waldog>
posted
My gear is packed, my food is bought, knife sharpened, liscence purchaced, ammo, gun.... but what kind of protection to use when afield? There are the standard issue rubber things, but I've never been thrilled using them. I could go without and take my chances, but who knows what will happen? You gotta expect the worst.

Okay, I'm sorry, enough with the innuendo! [Wink] But seriously, how do the rest of you go about protecting these precisions scopes we're all so fond of? I'm talking reasonably incimate conditions. Snow, rain, and even debris falling from trees after a storm. Just curious how the rest of yall do it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Trojans man Trojans you have to watch out fer them nasty sows in the bars in huntin country.

Posts: 2899 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
abstinence

Or were you referring to bears?

In that case, making noise and letting them know I'm there. In the case of an attack, either a .454 casull or a very large caliber rifle

Posts: 203 | Location: Back home in Texas | Registered: 20 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
I use the Butler Creek flip covers on all of my scopes. However, the front one blows off my Lott after about two shots because of the recoil.

Posts: 3512 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: 01 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Longbob, I had the same problem with one of my Mags. A couple of tiny spots from the wifes hot glue gun fixed that problem.

Posts: 268 | Location: God's Country, East Tex. USA | Registered: 08 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I also use butler creek flip covers, not real pretty but I don't think the deer mind.

one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted Hide Post
I've been using Butler Creeks Bikini scope covers for years and love them !!! You can snap it off in a second when you need to shoot. I just bought something called a scope coat for my new .300 RUM and think I will like it. It completely covers the entire scope with a neoprene cover offering total protection to your delicate optics. Looks like a winner to me !!!

bowhuntr [Wink]

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote