New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bear questions
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have noticed that most spring hunts are more expensive..why?
Also, there are several locations where brown bear hunts take place and some are less expensive (cheaper?) than others...why? Is this because of size?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Spring hunts are more popular, because the hides on a bear fresh out of the den is thicker than the hide of a fall bear on average. The more expensive hunts tend to be for coastal browns, the really big boys, I prefer the interior bears, they may not be as big, but they are sure nice to look at.
 -

Posts: 148 | Location: Currently located in Southern New Mexico | Registered: 26 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
AKBman

That is a beautiful bear!!!! What caliber did you take it with? What are of Alaska did you hunt?

Mark

Posts: 367 | Location: Anchor Point, Alaska | Registered: 03 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is a great looking bear! Did you do a rug or some other kind of mount? How about a photo of the finished trophy? Amazing color... Regards, Guy

Posts: 327 | Location: Washington State, USA | Registered: 18 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used a Ruger M77MKII in .300 Win mag with 180gr Speer Grand Slams over IMR7828. The bear is still at the Taxidermist, I am having a rug made from him.

Posts: 148 | Location: Currently located in Southern New Mexico | Registered: 26 September 2002Reply With Quote