THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Need to fill 4 gator tags in marion county florida if any one knows of a good guild.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need to fill 4 gator tags in marion county florida if any one knows of a good guild.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have 4 alligator tags that need to be filled in marion county florida around September October, if someone knows of any good guilds it would be appreciated. Our first guild was disappointing and now we have unfilled tags.

Posts: 521 | Registered: 30 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steel:
I have 4 alligator tags that need to be filled in marion county florida around September October, if someone knows of any good guilds it would be appreciated. Our first guild was disappointing and now we have unfilled tags.

What is a guild? Big Grin

Posts: 835 | Location: Plover, Wi | Registered: 04 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He means guide not guild

Posts: 1195 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Spell check has failed me

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Approximately where is Marion county?

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13448 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
These are county tags so they are good for all of marion county

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you have a boat, you really don't need a guide, just go north of Ocala to Orange Lake. If your hunting at night take good lights. Those bright fireball looking eyes are gators. Are you shooting or gigging ?

Posts: 1007 | Registered: 21 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I dont have a boat unfortunately. We went to lake weir for two 10 hour nights. the guilde did not have a trolling motor
So every time we located a gator, he would start his loud motor and the gator would dive immediately. We could not get closer than 45 yards. We tried casting with a heavy hook, and I have a compound bow outfitted for gators. The problem was we could not get close enough. I think with a trolling motor we would have had more success. After 20 hours we did not get one on a hook

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Marion county is near ocala

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well without a boat you are kinda' SOL. You could go out to the Oklawaha River at Moss Bluff, plenty of lizards there...but am I right in thinking your going to use a cross bow ? I'm going to suggest you have that cross bow tied off to something other than yourself...if not please get some video.

Posts: 1007 | Registered: 21 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So cast off the bank of the river.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a compound bow and some snatch hooks.