New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whos going bear hunting this spring?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
John the Greek and I are headed up to Northern Idaho in June. I'm looking for a nice color phase or 2, its a 2 tag area. (and at 50 bear per square mile, how can I miss ) Anyone else bear hunting this year.

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just got back from a 10 day trip into the Muskwa area of our region looking for a griz, but no luck. As it snowed for 4 days straight, I guess I can't blame them for not being out and about.

Posts: 108 | Location: corner of walk and don't walk | Registered: 31 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How come I wasnt invited .
Mark, what rifles are you and john bringing?

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Mark,

Should be a lot of fun! I spoke with Mike Detorre yesterday (he is our third hunter) and he is looking forward to the trip as well! I'm just now getting the shopping done. I froze up a WHOLE BUNCH of bison stew (and some pronghorn stew) the other day just so we won't have to worry about preparing evening meals. It's amazing how tired sitting in a stand can make one isn't it!

smallfry,

You WERE invited! I posted the hunt here! I'll be using my Model 70 .416 Rem Mag. Want me to see if the outfitter has any spots left for this year?

Best,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would love to go, but I am tied up till the end of June. I will be hunting hogs in june ummmmmmm would you believe me if I said they were in AZ?... they are!! Also, Lon and I found a new Mt lion den, and it is active, so depending on what cat we are up against looks like one of us will be taking it. Hey when is school out up there? I have my last final on Monday, 730 sharp. I wont be sleeping tonight.

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I'll be somewhere in that vicinity too the week of June 10th through the 14th. Archery hunting on a fly in hunt in Idaho, Selway-Bitterroot area.

I will be in Orofino on June 9th for the night if anyone lives nearby and wants to meet up. Will also be there the night of the 15th too.

Posts: 19559 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I will be staying at the Flying B Ranch on the Middle Fork of the Salmon river from June 3rd to June 7th. I was not planning on really hunting, but since a license and tag is only a total of $160 or so, I may as well pick one up and take my 300 Win Mag just in case. I will have access to horses and provided I don't stay up all night playing poker, maybe I will see if I can stumble across a bear.

For anyone that knows the area, I will probably hunt along Big Creek, Brush Creek, Pole Creek, Sheep Creek, etc. Any good tips on hunting bear during spring?

I hunted out of this ranch a couple of years back and took a nice 6x6 bull on the first day and a nice black bear on the 2nd.

Tim

Posts: 1430 | Location: California | Registered: 21 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A friend and I are headed to British Columbia the end of this month. Hope to have some pictures when we get back.

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm doing a weekend bear hunt this coming week in an area that has a 4 bear limit (3 blacks and 1 grizzly). I'll be using my 358 Norma Mag. Between me and my cousin and brother, we can kill 12 bears.

Posts: 1005 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
smallfry,

School is out. I had a former student call me while driving home to Colorado yesterday. I am in Salt Lake right now preparing for next year. The hog and cat hunting sounds like great fun. I'd be curious to know where those hogs are in AZ but I imagine that is classified information.

Ann,

You miss us by about a week, unfortunately. Too bad! We would have practically been neighbors!

Best,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of gas57
posted Hide Post
I am blessed with four black bear, one a silver, a chocalate, and a blondie. I know a good spot for black bear, if you wish to go. Brown is on my shopping list for May, 05!!!

Posts: 903 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
I postponed my black bear hunt til closer to the end of May. Its ok though, there is still alot of snow up where I'm going.

Didnt get my griz draw there, I'll see loads of nice silvertips, I know it!

JTG

Maybe you should bring a bigger calibre for them blackies eh?!

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote