New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daughters first deer
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Thanks to every onr that helped me with the reduced loads for her 7mm08 .We just got back from East Texas and the loads worked great and my nine year old was awesome.

Shoot Straight .Woodie

IMG]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e50/woodietp/taylor%20texas/TAYLOR_A.jpg[/IMG]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Weidmannsheil to the fortunate and skillful hunter.

Does this help with the pic??

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will have to get the picture to print.

Woodie

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are the man what did I do wrong?

Woodie

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by woodie:
IMG]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e50/woodietp/taylor%20texas/TAYLOR_A.jpg[/IMG]

In this string - HTML to tell the browser to go pick up the image at the specified URL - the opening [ bracket is missing. That confuses the browser...

Good on you and your gal for taking that deer. Probably difficult to say who was proudest of the two of you. Great to be able to share this with your daughter, who probably thinks her Dad is a pretty cool guy Smiler
- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to you and your daughter, Woodie. Teaching your children to hunt and enjoying the time spent with them is worth more than all the gold at Fort Knox! You have a lifetime hunting partner now.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7542 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Woodie, Congratulations to both you and your daughter.

One of my GREATEST PLEASURES is getting to see the young`uns flicks with their kills. It is the way to insure Hunting will continue far after we are gone.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Woodie,

Congratulations to both you & your daughter.

Good photo, nice Doe and a super little huntress.

Mike, you're a champion as usual, thanks for helping with the photo. Next time you're up here you're gonna have to show me how to post photos as well!

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to both of you!

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OUTSTANDING!!!!!! CONGRATS TO YOU BOTH!!!!!!

./l ,[___],
l--L=OlllllO=
O_) O_)~-)_)
If at first you don't succeed,,,failure may be your thing!!!

Posts: 198 | Location: Yuma, Arizona | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Great job to your daughter and to you for bringing her into the sport! Nate

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Woodie;

Congratulations to you and your daughter. I'm very delighted to see another "woman" hunter join our ranks. WOW! I sure wished I had started at 9 yrs. old! What a great job!!!!

Best regards, D. Nelson