New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winter is here
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Heading out this afternoon for a three day archery moose hunt in Kananaskis Country south and west of Calgary.Started snowing last nite about midnite and already two inches on the ground.Expecting somewhere between 10-12 inches by tonite.Bulls are starting to respond to calling.Thank you god.I love living here.Met some American hunters that connected on their archery bull elk last nite.They were smiling ear to ear.The hunt is on and its time to have some fun.

Posts: 111 | Location: Turner Valley, Alberta | Registered: 24 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ah yes, snowing down here as well. The elk are going nuts. Saw three six point bulls this morning, and the two biggest were screaming at each other. Nothing like a little cold weather to get things going.

Chuck

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How's it going now, gents? - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like bragging.

Here on the Gulf, we're still swatting bugs while wearing shorts. Low tonight is a cool 67 degrees.

Hunting starts the weekend before Thanksgiving.

Wish I were there. [Cool]

Posts: 345 | Location: Dauphin Island, Alabama, USA | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Grizzly,

quote:
Sounds like bragging.

Here on the Gulf, we're still swatting bugs while wearing shorts. Low tonight is a cool 67 degrees.

Hunting starts the weekend before Thanksgiving.

Wish I were there.

That's not unusual for southern Alberta or northern either where I live. The earliest I've seen it was about ten years ago we got frost on the tenth of August. You can keep your bugs and high temps down there thank you very much. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 2092 | Location: Canada | Registered: 25 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
It snowed 3 times at my house on Tuesday.

I've seen snow on July 1st up here. Canada day. Go figure. This july 1st it was almost 100%.

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello;
Just got back from the Ya Ha Tinda, where the Hunters outnumbered the Elk. It was nicer there than here at home. The snow was melting away rapidly while home had just about the same as when we left.
Grizz

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote