Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester Model 94 32 win. spc.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Tanoose
posted
Was thinking of buying a Win model 94 in .32 winchester special. Are these rifles hard to come by ? Looking for one with enough accuracy for deer hunting to 50 yds max. Any idea on what they may cost and where would i begin to look for one. Was going to ask the local gun shops to keep ther eyes open. Thanks Dave

Posts: 869 | Location: Bellerose,NY USA | Registered: 27 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had one years ago. Anything you can say about the 32 Special applies to the 30-30. No difference at all. Ammo can be hard to find. If you don't handload, I'd go for the 30-30. Both are great for deer at ranges less than 100 yards.
The 32 has run it's course and will probably continue to decline.

Mac

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It was obsolete when it was introduced. Designed as a smokeless round that was going to be reloaded with black powder !!! Stick with a 30-30 or much better is the 35 rem.These two look the same on paper but the 35 is a much better performer.

<cs>
posted
I happened on one, 1955 mfg, at a gunstore in Austin for $375. My friend bought it because I was broke at the time. It had a considerable amount of blueing worn off, but it looked like scabbard wear and gave it a nice touch. We could both hit a coffee can consistently at 100 yds w/WW factory ammo with it. He shot a doe with it at about 30 yards and it worked just fine.
There is currently one on GunsAmerica right now, can't remember how much. I have seen them at gunshows anywhere from $300 on up, depending on condition.
Around here they are not very common, but I hear in the East lever rifles are more popular. I would think that with some looking you could find one in decent shape that wouldn't break you.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd love to have one also! I have the modern,the
old military and the front stuffers but would love
to have something Grandad might have hunted with.
Not sure what they go for? [Frown]

Posts: 233 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A much better hunting rifle is the model 64 Win, has same action but better handling gun with pistol grip & 24" barrel, a little better balistics. Mine is a 1954 same year as me, must be good?

Posts: 302 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 21 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
If you are interested I have one along with Hornady dies and 100 rounds of new brass and a box of Hornady 170gr. FP bullets. I am working on a new project and just never get to shoot it.

Rare Transition Era-(1941-1943)-Model 1894 in 32 Win Special-Serial #1276XXX-Extended forearm-metal shotgun butt plate-Metal 85%-Wood-just good honest wear. Buyer pays $25 shipping and insurance. $425

Bob
bconnell@satx.rr.com

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tanoose
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your help guys i do already have a 30/30 and a 35 and a 45/70. The .32 is something i wanted to buy when i was 16 and never did. I think I'll wait till spring, i'm sure i can find one sitting in the corner of some Adirondack gun shop. Thanks again Tanoose

Posts: 869 | Location: Bellerose,NY USA | Registered: 27 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Atta boy, keep looking. They're out there. Anyone who thinks the round is obsolete/second rate doesn't own one. It comes from a time when .30 caliber was considered smallbore. When you find one give me a shout. I've worked up loads for plinking and all the way up to bear. Good luck.

Posts: 38 | Location: Front Range | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In this area these rifles are not rare I saw 3 at a gun show in Livingston this weekend and wasnt looking for one.I have seen others at local shows in the past w/regards

Posts: 610 | Location: MT | Registered: 01 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The American 8mm! No, a .32 Special probably won't do anything ballistically that a .30-30 won't do equally well, but it represents a slice of nostalgia that can surely give its owner a warm, fuzzy feeling. If I came across one at the right price, I'd buy it, too.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good rifles. Last one I picked up for $125 CDN (about $85 US). Lot's of blue wear, but mechanically good, made in the mid-fifties, it shoots about 2" at 100 meters. Best I can do with the peep sight I put on. It's gone to a friend of mine, it's his only hunting rifle. - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one that I've had since I was sixteen and that's goin' on 38yrs now. A friend of my dad's GAVE it to me! 26" octagonal barrel, crescent buttplate, made in 1911. A real fun nostalgic rifle, I still use and doubt that I will ever part with it...too many wonderful memories attached to it. [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good guns the 32 Specials but offer nothing over the 30-30, like everyone is saying...I like them up to 200 yards, even with iron sights it is pretty easy to hit a deer in the boiler....done it a hundred times with one 94 Win or another in various calibers...I still hunt with one every year in 25-35 rifle (26" oct. barrel)or one of my 30-30's...It makes me feel good, and makes me hunt!!

Posts: 42167 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tanoose
posted Hide Post
You'v hit it on the head Stonecreek, nostalgia. Back in 1971 i was looking for my first deer rifle and i thought i wanted a lever action, and i was tring to decide on the win. 94 in .32 spc or the marlin 336 in .35 rem. Then a walk accross the street to my friends house where his dad showed me his rifle . It was a springfield 1903a3 in 30/06 restocked. I fell in love with it ,and the closest thing to it was a remington bdl 30/06, and that was my first deer rifle.

<Youper>
posted
In some areas(like mine)factory ammo is readily available, so if you aren't a handloader I wouldn't let that deter you from buying one. I have one myself and use it quite abit.