Notify
Tools

Re: Men, It's All Your Fault!!!!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Idared
posted
Ann

That was a nice article. Thanks for posting it.

It reminds me of something that happened where my Wife worked several years ago. She was a Registered Nurse in a fairly large cancer clinic in Idaho at the time. Every month the clinic would have a poster made up of one of their employees which included a bit of their background and a few pictures. My Wife chose to include a picture of herself and an antelope she had gotten in Montana the year before as one of the pictures on her monthly poster. It was comical for her to see all the strange looks from a lot of women when they would look at it. Some mentioned that they liked to hunt also, and of course there were some who asked her if her husband had actually shot that antelope for her. Most all the men thought it was great and some even remarked that she had done something they had never done, shoot an antelope. It also broke the ice so to speak with a lot of people who she gave chemotherapy to as it gave them something they could talk about besides their disease.

I think some people are probably right when they say the think of women as protectors and not hunters. I know Babe had several people ask her how she could think of shooting something when her mission in life was to help cure people from a dreaded disease. Her answer was a lot like others, she loved being in the out of doors and liked the taste of wild game. I might add when it comes to skinning game her days on her Dad's foxfarm show up big time. I freely admit she is better than I am and also better than a lot of other men. Once I had to ask her to skin an elk while I did something else that needed to be done and one person remarked that he was jealous at how easy she made it look.

Posts: 845 | Location: Central Washington State | Registered: 12 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Neat story, Idared. I also find people are very curious about my hunting once they find out about it.

Posts: 19563 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote