Find
Notify
Tools

180 TSX, 300 Win, dead elk pictures
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted
Believe it or not, I met this guy at the Dayton airport before I flew to Colorado in October. We were both connecting in Denver on the same flight. He went elk hunting in NW Colorado and got a bull not indicative of the area according to the outfitter.

At the airport, we got to talking about loads etc. He is also a handloader. This was his first experience with the new Barnes TSX, 180 grain, in his 300 Win. He related to me that he was very pleased with the accuracy and had his rifle zeroed at 200.

We exchanged some info and he is likely going to bear hunt with me next spring. He emailed me the pictures shortly after he returned from his trip in early Nov. but I just got his permission to post his kill pics.

This is Dr. Bill with his bull and what he had to say:

quote:
Here are the pictures of the Elk. I shot him at 90 yards with a 300 win. mag. with a 180 grain triple shock Barnes X bullet. The animal dropped stone dead with one shot. Bill

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
posted Hide Post
That's a hell of an Elk!

Congrats to Dr. Bill!

Regards,
Dave

Posts: 1238 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 31 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Eeker thumb

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of floridabigfish
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

Same result I had with my 30-gov't 06 shooting 180 TSX on a 105 South Georgia doe Eeker

Florida...where you have to go north to get south.

Posts: 318 | Location: Pinhook River, Florida | Registered: 27 March 2004Reply With Quote