New
Find
Notify
Tools

Montana Draw
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Was pleasantly surprized on Friday when I seen I drew a combination Deer tag in Montana for 2015. Anyone else get lucky ?

Posts: 2437 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure it's a draw in MT anymore. I've "drawn" either an elk/deer combo or deer tag 10 of the last 11 years there. Since they near doubled the price a few years back there have been plenty of leftovers. The only challenge is drawing the elk zone you want.

I'll be out there for deer again this year.....and I consider myself lucky to be able to do that. Big Grin

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hear you about the permit for the zone you want. Anyway I get to go on another hunting trip with my buddy from Montana. That I'm looking forward to....and a little fishing and a few birds......

Posts: 2437 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
So far just a multi region archery tag (900-20) for either sex elk. I drew as a 2nd choice as they give out a lot of these.

Next drawing is moose, sheep goat.

Then elk B, deer B, antelope and bison.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Speaking of MT.....reminded me of a fairly typical day I had out there a few years back:

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Norton,

Now that is a mixed bag! Nice job.

I have only managed sage grouse, pheasant, hun and a cottontail on a mixed bag.

The badger is a very nice added win.

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No tags for me for any special areas. Snowman what area in MT do you hunt ?

Posts: 1195 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
twilli We normally hunt in the Missouri breaks..

one of us
Picture of mt Al
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norton:
Speaking of MT.....reminded me of a fairly typical day I had out there a few years back:

Norton! That looks like a Montana Prairie Slam! Maybe a prairie dog and hun, maybe a coyote, but you got it done. Looks like a fun day.

Posts: 1067 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 21 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I haven't heard about a sheep tag yet...

Of course, that is done later in the year.

Posts: 10797 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Snowman, I am only a couple hours from the breaks. Maybe we can go chase some birds for a day. I have a setter and wirehair.If you don't have any luck I also know a few spots up that way.

Tom

Posts: 1195 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
any information on the big belts area? had a buddy drew that and am looking for any helpful information for him? thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last few years, I've been buying my non-resident elk/ deer combo in August from the leftover licenses.

Phil

Life Member- NRA & SCI

Posts: 228 | Location: Albany, NY | Registered: 24 December 2007Reply With Quote