New
Find
Notify
Tools

Black Bear outfitter - Reputable
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Im looking for a reputable Black Bear outfitter for a spring hunt or fall,i got screwed once by a outfitter,even tho i did my homework the outfitter was horrible,i didnt even see a black bear,i wont make the same mistake twice.

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
check you PMs

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bait or hounds?

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm going to Alaska in May to hunt Prince of Wales Island with Kurt Whitehead of Alaska Glacier Adventures. I know two close friends who regard him highly. Check the B&C record book. POW Island entries appear frequently, if a huge book bear floats your boat, as it does mine.

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. G.B. Shaw

One of Us
posted Hide Post
bait

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cape Buff,

the folks that run Wollaston Lake Lodge in northern Sask are now offering bear hunts up there. Baited hunts. Pretty sure the bear hunting operation goes under Cochrane River Outfitters.

www.wollastonlakelodge.com

These guys are top shelf, with good to very good number of color phase bears and big blackies.

And, no, I do not rep them, just enjoy their service and attitude.

Dan Donarski
Hunter's Horn Adventures
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
906-632-1947
www.huntershornadventures.com

Posts: 668 | Location: Michigan's U.P. | Registered: 20 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DC Roxby
posted Hide Post
My dad and I have done a total of three hunts with Pierceland outfitters in Northern Sask. Saw lots of bears on each trip (30+) and my dad and brother-in-law both took 20" plus bears at the northern camp. Fantastic fishing as well. Zane has been around for awhile and he is trustworthy. I would definitely recommend hunting the remote Dufferin fly-in camp for a chance at a really big bear.

http://www.saskoutfitter.com/

I don't shoot elk at 600 yards for the same reasons I don't shoot ducks on the water, or turkeys from their roosts. If this confuses you then you're not welcome in my hunting camp.

Posts: 566 | Location: Ouray, CO | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
There is another thread going right now that asks the same question, but about going with Bob Barlow in Wyoming. He's one of the top bear guides in Wyoming, a good guy.

Posts: 3890 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
We are going on our second hunt with Alberta Bear Busters in May. Here is link to a report on our last hunt: Link to Hunt Report

We still have a few spots open if you would like to join us..........

Good Hunting,

Bob

Here is a link to Pat's web-site: Alberta Bear Busters Link

He just replace his old web-site so he is still uploading information to it.

John with one of his two bears from the last hunt.

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I have some good outfits as well.

~Ann

Posts: 19434 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey CapeBuf, Bob is right about the Alberta hunt. It is a great hunt in a great area. I have been twice so far and I am going back this year. Last year we had a freaky late snow, but we still managed to get bears. You are allowed 2 and a wolf. If you have any questions, let me know as I book most of Pats hunters now. Good Luck, Jeff