Notify
Tools

What I learned this year
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Each year I learn new things about hunting our great outdoors:
1. Sheep hunting is hard
2. Take your best spotting scope with you and you'll only have to carry it once. Guides' scopes aren't usually the best. If you take yours, use it the first day and then let the guide try it. Then, the next morning, tell the guide you don't want to lug it up the mountain. If it's a really good scope, the guide will beg to carry it for you.
3. When booking hunts you can never ask the outfitter enough questions. Booked a dall sheep hunt that was a disaster - courtesy of Ram Creek Outfitters with Bill 'no rams' Burwell.
4. Canada is absolutely the most beautiful country to hunt in and the people are just fantastic.
5. Stone Sheep hunt with Tahltan Outfitters was the best time I've ever had
6. Packing light - still learning but getting better
7. Horses and mountains are good
8. It's ok to wear the same underwear 4 days straight - just not 5 days.
9. Monkey Butt rocks!
10. Water proof applies to everywhere but Alaska
11. Shaving is overrated
12. Deodorant isn't

Posts: 3456 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Good list Bluefin, but I gotta ask: What's monkey butt?

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4781 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skinner.
posted Hide Post
quote:
What's monkey butt?

Anti Monkey Butt Powder is specially formulated to absorb excess sweat and reduce frictional skin irritation. It is Ideal for butt busting activities such as truck driving, motorcycling, bicycling, horse back riding, and extreme sports. May also be applied inside footwear, under sports pads, and other areas prone to chafing. Indoors or outdoors, work or play, or on occasions when you sit on your butt all day, don’t let your buns get red, use Anti Monkey Butt Powder instead!

Read more...

Testimonials,

"It's Powwow Season up here in South Dakota, where the temps can soar to over 100, the humidity close behind, and a summer powwow is 3 days of camping out and dancing under heavy regalia out in that sun and heat. AMB has made powwowing even more pleasurable!!!"

Thanks,
Happy Customer, South Dakota

ACL Fest: My name is Dirk and I’m the production manager for the festival. I personally received lots of great feedback on your product. The stagehands insisted on having a bottle available to them from load in thru load out. Their steward was seen roaming about the site on his golf cart administering the precious powder to his troops. Each stage manager also stocked a bottle at each stage and became part of their daily inventory of expendables at each stage location. Thanks for all of your support, I know the bands all reacted positively to your product and their roadies applaud your efforts. Hope to work with you in the future.

Thanks,
Dirk, Production Manager, A Sports & Entertainment Company

I'm a frequent international traveler and those 20 hour flights are murder. But your powder does the trick!

Thanks,
Bill

Picture: Trip on Rt 66, in MidPoint, Adrian Texas, exact middle of Route 66 from Los Angeles to Chicago. A-M-B-P (not shown, worn under shorts).

Story: As a rider for 25+ years, I have experience my share of chapping, chaffing and general irritation from motorcycle riding and other sweaty and rubbing activities.

One of my favorite bike trips is from Ft. Worth, TX to San Antonio, TX (where my wife's parents live) on our BMW K1200LT. We take a lot of back roads, make frequent stops at small markets and creeks and ponds for a quick dip or swim. The enjoyment of these short breaks and getting wet and back on the bike is only marred by the chapping and rawness that it brings. My wife and I often tell our relatives and friends about these rides. After expressing one of the stories about the swim at Marble Falls, TX, one of my co-workers brought me a sample of "Anti Monkey Butt Power". At first I though it was a very elaborate joke. After some discussion and jokes about the power I decided to give it a try. WOW. We have taken several trips since getting a dispenser of "A-M-B-P". We have enjoyed the rides much more with NO chapping and chaffing. It is a simple process. Just apply a generous amount to power before the ride starts. After each stop for a swim dry the "AREA" and apply more power. I have also gotten into the habit of applying more power when stopping after long sweaty part of the ride. I am not ready to say "A-M-B-P" is a miracle product .... but it sure comes close. I highly recommend "A-M-B-P" to anyone having itching, chapping or chaffing.

"A-M-B-P" has saved my A** a couple of time now....

Thanks,
Dave R.

To the people at Monkey Butt:
I just wanted to let you know what your product has done for my husband. My husband is a Section Foreman for the Union Pacific Railroad and works repairing track. His work is done outside on the track and in all kinds of weather in Texas. On most summer days he comes home soaking wet from sweat and has had to use rash creme that stinks like fish and didn't really work that great. He is now able to sprinkle on Monkey Butt in the morning before going to work and hasn't had a rash develop since he started using in. Thanks to Monkey Butt the fish smell is gone.

On another note while in Florida on vacation I developed a rash under my bra band and used monkey butt after my shower and it cleared up right away. So now I'm using it too.

Thanks,
Mrs. Richard T., Bastrop, T

one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
ANTI-monkey butt +1

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote