THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: The best scope for the mountains?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: The best scope for the mountains?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted
Quote:

Sevens, Do yourself a favor as spend the extra money to buy a 13oz Swarovski 3-10 AV. It's a tough, optically excellent scope. Save money somewhere else.....DJ

One reason not to buy a Swarovski...... they apparently still support USO and the Western states lawsuits. Hundreds, possibly thousands have emailed them and they still refuse to comment on the situation. Spend your money on an American scope. Keep the money here in America!!!!

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd consider either the Kahles or the Swarovski as the top contender. Not only are both top quality optics (visibly better to my eye than Leupold and Burris), but both are tough scopes, able to take a real beating without losing zero.

Posts: 262 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Beeman, Here's a link to the outfitter I'll be using. It may help you to see that it's not as expensive as you may think.

I'm tending to lean towards the Leupold or the Burris. From the info provided by Cabela's web site it appears the VX-III is the best all around option and I may go take another look at them. I have Burris scopes and trust them very much. Leupold has good eye relief, the 2.5-8x weighs in at 11.5 ounces and I can get it with the Ballistic Plex Variable. burris I can get a 3-10x in a ballistic plex for the same price, but it weighs in at 17 ounces. The leupold seems to be the best choice.

Sevens

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote