THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Any (good/bad) experience in Moldavia ?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any (good/bad) experience in Moldavia ?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted
Today, I was invited to hunt big & small game in Moldavia. I met a local outfitter + a representative of the Moldavian embassy (there seems to be a lot of diplomatic back up and logistics). They expect my support among hunting circles. Has anybody gone there, is the country safe (theft and rip off), what are the good and bad points ?

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BER007
posted Hide Post
Andr� Mertens,

Can I go with you? [Wink]

Posts: 831 | Location: BELGIUM | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
didn't that country have a problem with a break away province and banditos or something not too long ago?

Posts: 1723 | Location: wyo | Registered: 03 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

I was 2 years ago in a non-hunting visit in Moldavia. My advice to you: go elswhere. There are too many bad people there and without any income or at about 30 $ per month you seem to be the long expected alien that arrived to support all poor state authorities (border police, regular police, other authorities) and all other people you will have to do with. It takes a lot of time to come close to somebody, to learn them know. Until then yuo are moving through a strange country with strange, unfriendly people, that are suspicious to anybody. You rarely see a smile in their face. Nobody trusts anybody. I was there with my car and everybody asked me if I was crazy doing that, even the romanian border police when I was leaving Romania. Everybody (included moldavian police) told me not to stop nowhere at the street and at police-control only on daylight outside of towns (gangsters in police-uniforms could stop you), never, never take a stranger with your car!!! You should speek romanian or russian hoping that you don`t talk to an romanian or russian in the wrong language!! If you need an translator you`ll be lost from start. If you still want to go there, don`t say that nobody did warn you. Go elswhere, there are a lot of beautiful countries with kind people that are waiting for you to be visited. Life is to short to loose your time, money or your life.

Wolfgang

Posts: 33 | Location: Germany | Registered: 16 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your informative posting, Wolfgang ! Judging from your narrative, one could certainly recommend Andr� to go there ;-).

Myself, I have been pondering about vacations (with a bit of hunting) in the Carpathian Ukraine (Zakarpatska Oblast). A much more placid and amenable region, I would say ?

Best regards,
Carcano
carcano91@hotmail.com

Posts: 2452 | Location: Old Europe | Registered: 23 June 2001Reply With Quote