Find
Notify
Tools

QR rings for the 444???
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted
Hi, I've been looking at the weaver's QR rings and bases, anybody knows something about them.

I'll use it without scope during the day but at night when I do my "non-ethical" pig hunts would be great to have a scope.

The rifle is a Marlin 444 SS
Any idea??
Thanks
LG

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo,
I have the Leupold QRW rings on my Savage in 308. I would not hesitate to put them on a Marlin in 444. A few guys with lever guns like the Warne QR rings better as they say they are more stoutly constructed. my Leupolds appear to be very well constructed and I've had no slippage. They return to zero perfectly too when the scope is removed and replaced.

Posts: 257 | Location: Long Beach | Registered: 25 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dave.
Good Hunting
LG

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave,
I also have a 444ss Marlin and I use Weaver rings and bases. I would like to use the Leupold QRW or the Warne QR rings. How high are they compared to the low Weaver rings? I like to have my scopes mounted very low. Also what bases need to be used with either companies rings? Bryan

Posts: 583 | Location: keene, ky | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jackfish
posted Hide Post
The quick release rings are a little bit higher than than regular rings because room has to be made for the mechanism. The Warne Maxima bases are #864 and the rings are #200L. The Leupold QR bases are #54229 and the rings are #49971.

Posts: 1080 | Location: Western Wisconsin | Registered: 21 May 2002Reply With Quote