THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    WOLVES DELISTED AS AN ENDANGERED SPECIES?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WOLVES DELISTED AS AN ENDANGERED SPECIES?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi Folks,
I saw a blurb on the screen bottom crawl on CNN while channel surfing yesterday that U.S. FWS had delisted the wolf an "endangered species." Can anybody in wolf country confirm this?

Also would such a delisting allow ranchers who are being riddled by the wolves to fight back or will it only allow wolf policy to be set by individual states/localities where the enviro-nazis can still over protect these wanton killing machines?

HBB

[ 11-10-2002, 19:00: Message edited by: hillbillybear ]

Posts: 376 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't have any knowledge of a change in policy but I have a hard time believing it has taken place (no disrespect to hillbillybear).

In rural Alaska it doesn't make much difference what the policies are in writing. There will always be an unwritten policy in effect. There are incredible amounts of wolves in the interior right now. Wolves eat moose and people don't like to eat wolves so...

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wolves are not in the "Endangered Species" list in Alaska. I don't know about the rest of the US.

Posts: 2448 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 25 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Untrue, at least in Montana anyway. The wolf will be with us for a LONG time as a protected species. The wolfers have that big bureaucracy that they build. I doubt if they will stop now. Way too much tax money to feed off of. They will be with us for a long time.
The wolf introduction isn't about balancing predator and prey. Its about removing Ranchers and Hunters from public land, through the back door.

Here's a predicition you can take to the Bank; Within TWO years the big Gardiner elk hunt will be closed. The elk population is down so much right now that another year or two is all it will take.

We have children in this Country going to bed each night hungry and uneducated. Yet we can spend Million$ of dollars on these stupid wolves.

Now my evening is ruined............. FN in MT

Posts: 950 | Location: Cascade, Montana USA | Registered: 11 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is talk in MN Wis and Mi that the wolves be delised but the anti's sure scream and lie making up lower population numbers ect. We have had 250 wolves for a long time but they say they are increasing by 10% each year in about 4 years you get to the 350 they want for delist we should of hit that long ago. Most likely have hardly a week goes by without someone telling me of the wolve they saw. Ive seen two myself this year. But the anits all lie and make things up for their cause hopfully the truth comes out and they are delisted.

Posts: 19583 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
<leo>
posted
Just happenned to see a nat. georaphics special today on the yellowstone wolves. The narrator made a statement that although the wolf is doing very well in yellowstone.....can it still survive? In other words, those wolves that leave the park are more endanger of being shot because they don't have as much protection. Now does any THINKING person believe that all the wolves are going to leave the park some time and get shot? Obviously most of the wolves in this huge park will spend their entire lives inside the park so they could never be endanger of all being shot. I Have No Problem with wolves in yellowstone BUT....believe they do need to be controlled in the park if necessary and have only limited protection(on the game list) in the surrounding nat. forest. Out in the ranchlands outside the nat. forest the wolf should have NO protection. This gives the wolf plenty of habitat to survive quite well in. I don't see the mountain lion as being anyway near the threat to wildlife and livestock as the more slaugther prone wolf. Supposedly, the coyote population is only half of what it was before the wolf introduction because of wolf predation on them and mainly on their pups at discovered dens. This probably helps the fox population and lessons coyote predation on elk calves and deer fawns but few coyote packs will be able to takedown adult elk.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I live over 200 miles from Yellowstone Park and we have been seeing wolves here for two years now. A "problem" wolf was shot by a Govt. Trapper friend just two months ago in this area.
Our wolf population isn't growing at a rate of 10% per year, more like 30%+. The pro wolf folks aren't being candid with us at all.

FN in MT

Posts: 950 | Location: Cascade, Montana USA | Registered: 11 June 2000Reply With Quote
<leo>
posted
Frank, I think those may be "throw-off" wolves from yellowstone or maybe glacier park. Probably beta pack members that were run off by alfa pack members and are looking for their own territory.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Some of Yellowstones radio collared Wolves have been found in BC.

Wolf populations here do seem to be growning but so are the populations of everything other than deer it seems.

There more Elk than anyone seems to remember roaming around, Moose are becoming more and more common and I have never seen this many black bears roaming around. And last year we had to kill a wolf that was trying to run calves.

Posts: 968 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They might be delisted (although might is a strong word) but no one in any shape or form will be able to hunt/shoot them legally. Its a burden you folks in the lower 48 have to live with (thanks to the huggers).

Posts: 204 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 06 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frank Nowakowski:
Untrue, at least in Montana anyway. The wolf will be with us for a LONG time as a protected species. The wolfers have that big bureaucracy that they build. I doubt if they will stop now. Way too much tax money to feed off of. They will be with us for a long time.
The wolf introduction isn't about balancing predator and prey. Its about removing Ranchers and Hunters from public land, through the back door.

Here's a predicition you can take to the Bank; Within TWO years the big Gardiner elk hunt will be closed. The elk population is down so much right now that another year or two is all it will take.

We have children in this Country going to bed each night hungry and uneducated. Yet we can spend Million$ of dollars on these stupid wolves.

Now my evening is ruined............. FN in MT

Ditto that Frank... besides a land grab and control of BLM, this is also about eliminating sport hunting. My friend's in Paradise Valley have now lost nineteen or twenty sheep as of today. While I was hunting the ranch this morning I came accross fresh wolf prints in the snow. FWP finally issued ONE kill permit... not much.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Leo;The wolf Frank is talking about was collared the damn wolf came out of one of the Yellowstone packs.I live 85 miles N of Yellowstone and there have been two incidents of wolves killing sheep localy in the last 2 weeks.w/regards

Posts: 610 | Location: MT | Registered: 01 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of redial
posted Hide Post
Let's not for a minute believe that the packs are centered in park areas. FWP and other Greenshirts have introduced packs ALL OVER THE DAMN PLACE. And (no fooling!) they've caused so many problems that most introduced packs have had to be culled by FWP, shooting from the air. Whodathunkit? You won't often hear about THAT part.

What idiotic logic is involved in having to shoot half as many wolves as you release? None. It's about getting people off the land. Period.

Sorry for the rant guys. Somebody put decaf in the pot this morning and I'm PMS'ing pretty bad.

Redial

Posts: 1121 | Location: Florence, MT USA | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With Quote