New
Find
Notify
Tools

BUCKFEVER
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Found this pic floating on the internet,suppose to be from south texas,anybody know anything about this monster,WOW!!!!

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
I may well be proven wrong, but it looks like a photoshop deer to me.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4231 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
I could be wrong also but the whole picture looks fake to me..

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
photoshop! You can see it is a fake a mile away.

Posts: 373 | Location: Leesburg, GA | Registered: 22 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yup!

I believe the photo-doctor has been on this one!

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
+1 on the Photoshop call

When I think of a big deer I always think of the Heart Attack buck on the Tecomate Ranch (I think its the Tecomate)

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3316 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Copidosoma
posted Hide Post
this one showed up in another forum on AR. It ended up going into a long discussion about high fences and ethics.

Note the ear-tag in the top left

one of us
posted Hide Post
Do you think this one is real?

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Copidosoma
posted Hide Post
SHEESH. What does one of those score?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ah blackbearhunter, you, sir brought a smile and a grimace to my face. The Rompola Buck, supposedly taken from somewhere in/around the traverse city, mi area by a fellow with a less than, how can i put this, stellar reputation.

As for it being real or not,, well, there's the rub. i can say that two conserv officers, who saw the thing the day after if i remember, say it is. I can also say that ol' mitch refused official scoring. He's a funny fellow that rompola.

Dan Donarski
Hunter's Horn Adventures
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
906-632-1947
www.huntershornadventures.com

Posts: 668 | Location: Michigan's U.P. | Registered: 20 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
When someone beats Hanson's Buck Mitch will have it scored and recorded I bet.

Hanson got his panties in a bunch about someone possibly having a buck bigger than his so they made a deal with Mitch Rompala that he can't have his buck officially scored until someone else beats Hanson's buck.

Pretty ridiculous to me.

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just to let you Northern boys know, we down here in TX like our deer to be like our women - small bodied with big racks! LOL And there are a lot women these days with "photoshopped" racks...

Posts: 3456 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluefin:
Just to let you Northern boys know, we down here in TX like our deer to be like our women - small bodied with big racks! LOL And there are a lot women these days with "photoshopped" racks...

jumping I couldn't help but chuckle at your comment bluefin. You're right.

Oh, and just for the record, I think that first pic is definitely photoshopped. However, Heart Attack was a real deer. He's long gone by now (I believe the Tecomate Ranch sold a hunt for him 5 or 6 years ago). Also, I do think the Rampola buck is real. Have any of you seen some of the other deer Mitch Rampola has killed? Eeker That was definitely not his first giant deer.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That buck reminds me of the one they always showed at the start of the Buckmasters tv show with Jackie Bushman.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 344 | Location: Bean Town in the worthless nut state | Registered: 23 July 2005Reply With Quote