Find
Notify
Tools

Partition HG-you like 'em??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of old4x4
posted
I'll try it here in the Hunting forum...I'm going hunting Saturday with my Contender carbine in 45 Colt using a Lil'Gun load under a 260 gr Partition HG bullet. Anyone have real field experience with them?

"It's like killing roaches - you have to kill 'em all, otherwise what's the use?"
Charles Bronson

Posts: 504 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
I use the 250 grain version in a 9.5" Ruger Super Redhawk in .44 Magnum quite a bit. MV is right at 1400 fps, and it does a nice job of expanding with minimal resistance -- and yet the penetration is just what you'd expect from a Partition. Accuracy is also outstanding, and 3-shot, 100 yard groups of 2" or less (when the revolver is scoped) are accomplished with relative ease.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9376 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of old4x4
posted Hide Post
Yup, it makes a really nice pair of holes on a deer. Too bad they're so expensive. I might go with a 300 gr Gold Dot next time. They're much less expensive and for deer, more than sufficient, I'm sure.

"It's like killing roaches - you have to kill 'em all, otherwise what's the use?"
Charles Bronson

Posts: 504 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote