THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: Maine or New Brunswick -- Black Bear Hunt

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Maine or New Brunswick -- Black Bear Hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I book for a bear outfit in Maine that is very reasonably priced with good success. Drop me an email if you like.

Best,

JohnTheGreek

P.S. If you don't mind flying into Idaho, I have a great outfit with openings this may/june. His prices are about as low as those found in Maine.

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave,

We represent over 20 outfitters that offer black bears but consistent results on bears of the size you are talking about is rare. One reason is that when a guy hunts from tree stands as they do in Maine and NB it is his choice on whether to shoot or not. The guide is not there to say shoot or not and often the hunter shoots the first adult bear he sees.

Big bears and some very big bears do live in Maine and NB but I think Newfoundland if you are willing to travel a little further would give you a chance at a bigger bear. Of course the best chance for that 300 pounder is on Vncouver Is. or coastal Alaska. I have done this hunt and a realistic expectation is to see 15-20 bears in a day and to take a bear that will square 7 feet.

If you want more info. on Newfoundland or anything just send me an e-mail or call.

Good Hunting,

Mark

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of NBHunter
posted Hide Post
As far as the bears go ME and N.B. are the same place. Both have very good populations. I guide bird hunters for a lodge in western N.B. that gears mainly for bears. The problem with finding a place that regularly takes large bears is finding clients who can hold their fire. A high percent of hunters take "average" bears at most lodges because most will nail the first one. Not that there is anything wrong with that... It's what I do.

The name of the lodge is Northway Outfitters and you can e-mail one of the owners at rcauso@hvc.rr.com
Tell him that you heard about them from "Air Canada" (that's what they call me)

Posts: 741 | Location: NB Canada | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Thanks Guys,

I will send out some private messages to you folks tomorrow when I have a bit more time. My plans are still a bit up in the air at this stage of the game but, basically, I want to stay fairly close to home and keep driving to a reasonable distance. I'd love to jump on a plan and head out West but that is just not in the cards this time around.

Jorge, Great Bear! Thats exactly what I am looking for.

Regards,
Dave

Posts: 1238 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 31 December 2001Reply With Quote