THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Hunting from the internet?? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting from the internet?? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
HEY EVERYONE DONT KNOW IF YOU ALL HEARD OF THIS ALREADY OR NOT BUT JUST THOUGHT ID POST THIS. THERE IS A BUNCH OF INFO ON IT ALL OVER THE INTERNET. WHATS THIS WORLD COMING TO, SORRY FOR THE CAPS.

Internet hunting coming to Texas
by Peter Rojas, posted Nov 17th 2004 at 10:41AM

Don't let anyone convince you that the Blue States have a monopoly on technologcal innovation. Case in point: a rancher in Texas says he's going to start offering an Internet hunting service where visitors to his website can bag a deer, antelope, and wild pigs using a remote controlled .22 caliber rifle with a webcam mounted on it (the gun is already available for target practice right now, he's just waiting for a faster Internet connection that'll make the gun easier to aim). But don't worry. Smokey, aka Texas Parks and Wildlife Department wildlife director Mike Berger, is already trying to figure out how to shut this down, and has proposed a new rule that'll require anyone hunting animals to actually be physically present at the site where they're shooting.

Posts: 163 | Location: York Pa | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This was outlawed several years ago.

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh i didnt realize it was outlawed already. I guess you can chalk this up as a useless post. Sorry guys

Posts: 163 | Location: York Pa | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Internet hunting coming to Texas
by Peter Rojas, posted Nov 17th 2004 at 10:41AM

Please note the date in the header of the article quoted. Another reminder of the immortality of things on the internet! Be careful out there!
sofa

An old man sleeps with his conscience, a young man sleeps with his dreams.

Posts: 777 | Location: United States | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
in fact, other states quickly followed suit and passed similar legislation

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote