Find
Notify
Tools

Texas Pronghorns!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted
Five of us just got back from Dalhart, Texas with five pronghorns. This is the 3rd pronghorn hunt I have done with Jeremy Gugelmeyer and Sagebrush Hunts.

I took mine with my 7mm-08 and a 120 gr. TTSX at 325 yards. He scored 82 1/8"

My speed goat.

We were hunting on Jeremy's Buffalo Springs Ranch and several surrounding ranches. We had access to 22,000 acres. Texas10x and amigo will tell you that they feel like they walked all of it!

The ranch was once part of the famous XIT ranch, which at one time was the largest fenced ranch in the world at 3,000,000 acres. Jeremy and Sara's ranch is 9,000 and has the original XIT headquarters on their ranch just down from their house.

This is the old XIT headquarters.

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Here are the rest of the gang.

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Bob, that damn goat of yours is perfect WOW!

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Really nice goats Bob. I just love hunting those critters. It looks to me like getting within 400 yds. in that country would be pretty hard. Congradulations on a successful hunt.

Posts: 197 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 23 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!

Mike, you are correct. The longest shot the five of us made was 450 yards with a 270 WSM.

One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Bob !!!, Great trophy!!!thanks to "Billinthewild" (You can see the post about the trip in AZ & NM in the South American forum and the hunt in American Big Game forum ) I took my firt Pronghorn in NM last September, maybe next time I will go for a B. Bear !!!. K.R. Guille

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice goat! Looks like you folks had a good time.

DRSS

Posts: 626 | Location: OK USA | Registered: 07 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeremy and Ms. Sarah are tops.

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Excellent mass on your antelope Bob. Congrats to all the hunters!!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good looking goats! I think one of the biggest antelope I have ever seen was just outside Dumas. There are some really nice ones in the panhandle area. Makes me want to get up that way.

Posts: 326 | Location: Mabank, TX | Registered: 23 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Hey Guille,

I am glad you made it up here. I think Bill is going to just move to Argentina one of these days! I am still trying to get down there.

Good Hunting,

Bob

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent antelope, Bob! Congratulations to you and your hunting partners.

Posts: 129 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: 04 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice antelope Bob!

A good read is "6000 Miles of Fence" by the U. of Texas press. Tells the story of the XIT.

"The right to bear arms" insures your right to freedom, free speech, religion, your choice of doctors, etc. ....etc. ....etc....
-----------------------------------one trillion seconds = 31,709 years-------------------

Posts: 1521 | Location: Just about anywhere in Texas | Registered: 26 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Awesome Bob! Congrats to you and all the others!

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
tu2

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote