Find
Notify
Tools

Iams supports the HSUS
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
FYI, my letter is in the mail.

Iams Partners With Leading Anti-Hunting Organization- (01/09)

The Iams Company, maker of Iams and Eukanuba pet foods, has joined forces with the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation�s largest anti-hunting organization.

The company is helping sponsor the Pet Fest America tour, a series of animal shows in major metropolitan areas, nationwide. The shows were developed by HSUS. They debuted in early 2003 and will continue through April 2004.

�Sportsmen, and in particular sporting dog owners, understand the threat HSUS poses to hunting, field trialing and other activities,� said Bud Pidgeon, president of the U.S. Sportsmen�s Alliance. �Iams has fallen into the same trap as some other businesses and it needs to be educated.�

Companies such as General Mills, Accor Hotels, Pet Safe, Sears, and Ace Hardware ended relationships with HSUS after thousands of sportsmen levied strong protest.

�The Pet Fests are basically pet owner education and welfare events and also serve to educate and entertain consumers,� Kelly Vanasse, Iams associate director of external affairs told the Alliance. �We also sponsor Ducks Unlimited, AKC and other events. We try to strike a balance.�

Iams clearly doesn�t understand how sportsmen will view its support for the nation�s largest anti-hunting organization.

�We are currently fighting HSUS attempts to ban dove hunting in Wisconsin, bear hunting in Maine and Alaska, and other anti-hunting threats around the country,� said Pidgeon. �Iams is adding legitimacy to HSUS�s efforts.�

The National Animal Interest Alliance was among those who alerted the Alliance of the issue.

Take Action! Sportsmen across the nation should contact Iams and educate them about HSUS�s goals to end hunting, fishing, trapping and other forms of animal use. Contact President Jeffery P. Ansell, The Iams Company, 7250 Poe Ave., Dayton, OH 45414. Phone (937) 898-7387. Fax (937) 264-7264. Toll Free (800) 675-3849.

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Iams is a classic case of a good company being bought out by a bunch of douche bags,that go by the name of proctor and gamble.

In the pet industry,there are always lists in circulation of those companies that do animal testing. As a result,you have people that won't buy certain products made by these companies. Proctor and Gamble is always at the top of this list. Iams has been owned by Proctor and Gamble for the last four years.

The real kicker is,Iams original formula is nothing but Mink food,that fur ranches in ohio developed and their elderly dogs would eat it,every chance they got. They noticed that these elderly dogs recovered on this diet well. They used to put this story in all their brochures. Everybody knows how big of a hard on the humane society has for the fur industry and now these same assholes are in bed with a company that has its roots in the fur industry. Not to mention the humane society has a hard on for the Iditarod sled dog race. Eukanuba,which is a special diet of the Iams company sponsors this race.

Posts: 837 | Location: wyoming | Registered: 19 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
Oh great. The Iams lamb and rice formula is the only thing I can feed my Freya or she shits and farts all over the place. She's been eating it for 9 years. Thats alot of money to those maggots. I've tried changing her diet in the past under vets orders but she ended up losing alot of wieght and hair. I'll just have to donate some xtra cash to counter it.

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Oh, crud. That's all I need. Another dog food hunt.... Along with new tooth paste, shampoo, detergent, etc, etc. Man, I hope they fold as fast as Peak did!

Better get the ole word processor warmed up.... JMO, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
mickey1;

thanks for the heads up.

i feed my girlfreinds 4 cats iams. well i used to, now. peak gave in to us and so must iams. good to know that p. & g. owns them, as i have 500 shares and will be giving jeff a call, as well as stockholder relations. do u have his email address?

good looking out.

cold zero