THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Hornady Interbond bullets 416 caliber

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hornady Interbond bullets 416 caliber
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted
I am wandering about the performance of these bullets and would like to try them in an inminent water buffalo hunt ...

Has anyone had the opportunity to try them and form an opinion as to performance compared to say, the Woodleigh 400gr or 410gr?

WOuld their controlled expansion be sufficient enough to have proper needed penetration on water buffalo ? Confused

Surely there are much better options, but they are the only choice I have to use wth my own reloaded .416 RM cartridges ... perhaps I might need a charge stopper Cool and I was wondering if they could be consider so ... Frowner

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I always opt to let someone else try new soft point bullets on buffalo...I suppose if you back them up with a good solid you will find out how good they are and let us know...

I will say that the relitively new Nosler 400 gr. 416 Rem bullet is one of the best bullets that I have ever used on Cape Buffalo and I have shot a dozen or so with them...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42171 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
I attempted to destroy some of the new Hornady soft nosed bullets this past year by fireing them into rock banks and found out while they can be bent into tangled messes they are well bonded and remain togeather very well. In strict penetration tests they worked as well as any bullet made. I personally would have no qualms using them.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4203 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote