Find
Notify
Tools

Weatherby non- weatherby opinions
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of raybass
posted
Just bought a fibermark stainless in 270 win.. Tell me what you know of these rifles and your opinions(good and bad).I haven't been able to shoot it yet as I'm waiting on some talley lightweights to show up. Really like the way it feels just hope it'll shoot as good as my old remmy would before I sold it. Couldn't stay away from the old 270. Like my Kimber 308 classic but was still wanting an allweather rifle and hopefully this will do the trick. (Would .25 groups with everything I shoot through it be to much to ask.LOL)

Straight shootin to ya

Posts: 531 | Location: Montgomery, Texas | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the non weatherby calibers make more sense. There's not much you can't do in texas with a .270.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have previously owned two mark vs and was dissappointed in the accuracy for such high priced rifles.As such I think that they function well,but that they are overpriced for what they offer.On the other hand,the vanguards costing half as much, function just as well and are just as accurate,making them a good value for your money.

Posts: 3104 | Location: alberta,canada | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree with sledder, the non-roy calibers make more sense. I will say that I have seen a few that are real shooters, but more that aren't. Having said that, tuning it in is probably why your here at AR, these folks can really hope you figure it out.

I've found that if you like the way it feels etc. you can seem to get it to shoot more easily.

I hope it's a 1/4" gun out of the box for you.

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fish30114:
I agree with sledder, the non-roy calibers make more sense. .

Ditto that.. I like their rifles a lot more than their Mag chamberings.

Posts: 10162 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of raybass
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your comments guys. I caught this rifle on sale otherwise I probably would have passed on it. The fit around the action and barrel is not as good as the Kimber but if it'll stay under 1.25 it'll stay if not maybe rebarrel it. I'm going to try some barnes bullets in it first as these are what i want to shoot after that nosler part. Would like to use this rifle for a backup to a 300 win. while in colorado this year after elk. Wish those rings would get here I'm ready to shoot some groups and see how it does. "Straight shootin to ya"

Straight shootin to ya

Posts: 531 | Location: Montgomery, Texas | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote