Find
Notify
Tools

who hunts with a 7x57??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
If any of you guys are interested in a VERY inexpensive but quality 7x57 barrel go to this web site http://www.reesesurplus.com/. The barrels they have were made by FN and intended as replacement barrels for the Mod. 1922 Chilean mauser. These barrels are in the white & were never used. These barrels go for 34.95 a pop. The downside is that they are carbine barrels & only 19 1/2"long.
the twist is 1 in 8.7 according to my Mauser reference book. The barrels I have used love the 160 to 175 gr. bullets. Yeah I know that velocities will not be that great but the price is!

------------------
NRA Life member

[This message has been edited by Bear Claw (edited 11-29-2001).]

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a Win M70 Featherweight in 7x57, and I picked up a case of 1000rds of Lupua 170gr for $7 a box, so that's what I shoot in it. It is loaded very hot and make 2600fps in my rifle. I'm making a Mexican 1936 in 7x57 with a 18" barrel in a Manlicher stock now.

Posts: 3097 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote