Find
Notify
Tools

My Son with his Muskox
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted
Just got this photo from my Son who was lucky enough to get a tag this year for Muskox. I don't have any details (except he used my Alaskan Guide Gun for the hunt) but wanted to share this photo now.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2946 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
Awesome for him. Really want to hunt one someday. Congrats to your son.

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to your son. Good looking Musk-Ox. I would not mind hunting one again.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to more details, just what I'm after! Thanks & congrats to your son.

One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
really cool!

not knowing anything about musk ox, is that a big one? do you eat musk ox? a trophy, nonetheless, just wondering... tu2

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice John...Congrats to your son tu2

Roland

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 724wd:
do you eat musk ox?
Yes, it's quite good, but can be a little fatty.

Posts: 513 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 25 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very cool!!! Congrats to him.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
Talked to my Son this evening. He was hunting Nunivak Island. He said the trip was fabulous. His guide is a village elder 85-years young, but the whole family helped. He said getting to know the family was great and he was treated like one of the family. They took him to Nash Harbor where they hunted. He managed to stalk to within 75 yards, and his first shot knocked the bull to the ground, but as his guides were congratulating him, the bull stood up and started walking down the hill towards the lake where they were camped. Seeing as the bull weighed around 700 pounds, they were inclined to let the bull walk. The bull walked all the way to the lake, and my Son put another shot into him, dropping him in the water. He says having the bull there by the lake made packing the hide and meat easily handled by kayak. He'd planned a ten-day hunt but was home after six. Sure wish I could've gone with him.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2946 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
THAT is a great hunt!!!

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Awesome. I watched five of them from my office on my last hitch on the slope. They are a very cool animal. Congrats.

Mart

"...I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprize, and independance to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 993 | Location: Wasilla, AK | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
A smart hunter and a great trophy! tu2

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Maybe one of these days for me!

Congrats!!!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Toomany Tools:
the bull stood up and started walking down the hill towards the lake where they were camped. Seeing as the bull weighed around 700 pounds, they were inclined to let the bull walk. The bull walked all the way to the lake, and my Son put another shot into him, dropping him in the water. He says having the bull there by the lake made packing the hide and meat easily handled by kayak. He'd planned a ten-day hunt but was home after six. Sure wish I could've gone with him.

HAHA!!! AWESOME! Big Grin

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted Hide Post
Very cool animal!

GOA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member
Life Member Dallas Safari Club
Westley Richards 450 NE 3 1/4"

Posts: 865 | Location: Idaho/Wyoming/South Dakota | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote