Find
Notify
Tools

Spring Turkeys and Fishing?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted
Can anyone suggest a destination that would include guided spring tureky hunting and excellent fishing?

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You could certainly go to Lewistown Mt and fish Spring Creek and then also hunt for turks.

Mark D

Posts: 1089 | Location: Bozeman, Mt | Registered: 05 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I recommend that you take a look at my website or call me.
http://www.hossfly.com/turkey.html
We offer Turkey hunting (Rio Grande) and fishing.

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steel Slinger
posted Hide Post
Ouchita (Wa-shi-taa) National forest, and Lake Ouichita, Hot springs, AR. Great turkey hunting, very rugged terrain though. Excellent fishing. Bit far of a drive or flight for you though. Just a suggestion.

FiSTers... Running is useless.

Posts: 315 | Location: Fayetteville, Arkansas | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
My feelings are hurt. Sure, I may not have great fishing, but you can shoot my Turkeys for free. I will let you play in the river for no charge as well. We can go to the park and fish after you shoot the Turkeys.

Anyway, I owe you one now. I think that was your plan all along. You can even bring your favorite rifle ... I thik it is 30-06? Big Grin

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Thanks Wendell, but that was not the plan. Pam's generous boss gave her cash earmakred only for a vacation sometime before the end of June and we are trying to figure out what to do. Peacock Bass it too expensive, as it appears is Costa Rica. So, not one to just sit on the beach, we are looking for alternatives.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Well, if Pam's boss is paying for it, I can charge you.

Anyway, the invite is there is you want to come hunt. We might be able to scare up some fishing as well. Bring your flypole and I will show what a largemouth can do to it.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Thanks Wendell. I'm not sure what you want to do with my fly rod, but if you mean use it on bass, that would be great. All kidding aside, I appreciate your offer.