THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Is it too late to book a this year spring Bear Hunt

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is it too late to book a this year spring Bear Hunt
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Work has got me frazzled, and planning has been poor at best last year for this other than our standard group hunts. Frowner

So, long story short, I am thinking of trying to go on a spring bear hunt--this spring...

I don't know if it's completely silly or not, but just wonder what might be an option. I would rather pay a couple more bucks for quality--in all aspects--than 'bargain shop'
I would prefer a hunt where I departed Atlanta on a Wednesday eve or so, and returned Sun PM, not looking for a whole week out of the mix--even though I'd like to.

Thanks up front--Don

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KC Carlin
posted Hide Post
It all depends on where you want to go.
In Oregon for example the application deadline has passed, but a outfitter might have a tag available.

Since you mentioned spending more for quality I will assume you are talking about a outfitted hunt. I would think a guy could find a hunt.

I talked to this outfitter last week about a deer hunt and we got to talking about spring bears. He said he takes alot of bears in the 7 foot class. Hunts are over bait I believe.

www.non-typical-outfitters.com
Robb Wiley is the outfitter.

Good luck, KC

Posts: 295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 24 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nomrcy
posted Hide Post
Here's another with Spring openings:

www.kcoutfitting.com

Great camp-I took a nice bear there in June 2007. I highly recommend them.

Trophies are not dead animals...they are living memories.

Posts: 217 | Location: Fargo, North Dakota | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Don, I just called Pat Mclean tonight about bear/wolf hunting up in Alberta near High Level.

He has openings beginning May 9th through the end of May.

I'm curious what the 2 previous outfitters posted above charge for their bear hunts.

I'm kind of going stir crazy since I have not planned a bear hunt this spring. I did not plan on one but now I'm getting the itch.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I've got openings for bargain shop in northern Quebec to pricey in the very far north of Manitoba. Both offer fishing along with the black bear hunting.

~Ann

Posts: 19563 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
There's a member here who may be able to help you. He goes by MADDOG. His name is Marc Davis.

Search is name here, and you can get his e-mail or either PM him. His web address is: www.airguides.com

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9412 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies folks. I will follow up on the leads.

Regards--Don

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote