THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Montana hunt USA 2003 ongoing saga and misery !

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Montana hunt USA 2003 ongoing saga and misery !
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
/

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about your problem in Montana. It's the same the owrld over, there are good guys that you can do business w/ on a hand shake & those that need a lawer's prod. I've been screwed one way or another on my trips to RSA & Moz. it's always something. Next time you are in the states & need a taxi. recommendation, drop me a line.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The box is labeled "1 of 3". Did you receive 3 boxes or just 1?

The name on the box is "Resurrection Taxidermy" but your email states that is it
"Preservation Taxidermy". Did he change his business name?

Did your outfitter send you to the taxidermist? He might be able to help you deal with him.

Have you contacted the district attorney or the sheriff for Colstrip, Montana and explained the situation? They might be able to help you if you have documentation that you paid him in full.

Who was the carrier that delivered your box? You might be able to file a claim because it was damaged so badly and get at least part of your money back.

Ron L

Posts: 276 | Location: hendersonville, nc 28739 | Registered: 18 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DAMN, THAT SUCKS !

This whole story just keeps getting worse and worse! I would start with legal action against your outfitter for the way that whole debacle went and then move down to the taxidermist.

JMHO,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Contact the game and fish up there. Here in Wy they have to have a license from the G&F and complaints are usually dealt with.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear you got the short end. Try the district attorney for the Coalstrip area, Rosebud County at the county seat of Forsyth, Montana, I think they have a website for the county. Also try Montana FWP Region seven office at Miles City, information available on line at Montana FWP website. FWP keeps track of all licensed taxidermists in the state and can tell ou if the guy is still in business here.Nobody in Montana will take your problem lightly if you have paperwork to back it up. We don't look at this kind of non-sence as acceptable behavior.

Posts: 763 | Location: Montana | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
We arranged that our trophies be done with a taxidermist Mr Buck Smith of Preservation Taxidermy Colstrip Montana. This was November 2003.

Did you conract with the Taxidermist or was it through your outfitter? I would fax a copy of your contract with the taxidermist to the local county attorny.

As for what JTGreek said, well that is the problem with the US. Sue whoever you can even if they may not be liable. Sue, Sue, Sue. If the outfitter didn't get a cut for sending you to the taxidermist there should be no liability on part of the outfitter. Recommending and contracting through are 2 different things. If the outfitter had a business situation set up with the taxidermist then yes, go after him too.

Posts: 788 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: 14 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mt Al
posted Hide Post
That stinks!!

Another example of the importance of checking multiple references and getting everything in writing.

Posts: 1073 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 21 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MC:
As for what JTGreek said, well that is the problem with the US. Sue whoever you can even if they may not be liable. Sue, Sue, Sue.

Well, that is what's wrong with Utah, the people there jump to conclusions before they know the whole story. Big Grin
In a previous thread, Alf detailed how this hunt was going south almost from the very beginning. If I recall correctly, the outfitter/booking agent bears some responsibility, not for this taxidermy debacle, but for other pretty significant things that got messed up on this hunt.

JMHO,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bad end to go with a bad beginning!
Sorry Alf that you got taken. I am not a fan of of our legal system but I agree it is time for some pay back. I would be making a lot of noise right now if it were me.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote