Crocodile Hunter Killed
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Madgoat:
quote:
Most who truly care about their families don't spend their days putting themselves in very real danger just for money, unless they are colossally stupid, terminally egocentric, or both.

Does this include fire fighters, police officers and US service men and women?

Circle of life....whether you're a desk jockey, airline pilot, mail man or professional wildlife harasser.

MG

Yes, it does. You don't truly think they do their jobs just for money, do you? I have been both a soldier and a LEO, and a Fire Chief, in more than one country, and I never did that work primarily for money or ego-stroking. It was because I truly believed what I was doing helped society as a whole. I suspect the same is still true of almost all the good ones...

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alberta Canuck:
quote:
Originally posted by Madgoat:
quote:
Most who truly care about their families don't spend their days putting themselves in very real danger just for money, unless they are colossally stupid, terminally egocentric, or both.

Does this include fire fighters, police officers and US service men and women?

Circle of life....whether you're a desk jockey, airline pilot, mail man or professional wildlife harasser.

MG

Yes, it does. You don't truly think they do their jobs just for money, do you? I have been both a soldier and a LEO, and a Fire Chief, in more than one country, and I never did that work primarily for money or ego-stroking. It was because I truly believed what I was doing helped society as a whole. I suspect the same is still true of almost all the good ones...

So you're saying that all of the above "who truly care about their families don't spend their days putting themselves in very real danger just for money, unless they are colossally stupid, terminally egocentric, or both."

So these people fit the same mold as the Crocodile Hunter? They way I read your post, you're calling all of these people egocentric and colossally stupid as well.

Which one is it?

MG

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Well Madgoat, you read my post incorrectly then.

I am saying those people are NOT the same as the Crocodile Hunter; that they do those dangerous things because they are looking after their responsibilities as adults to help their communities and their countries...and by doing so, helping their families and their children as well as my family and my children and your family and your children.

I am saying the worthy members of law enforcement, fire-fighters, and armed services are NOT doing it for money, but basically because of their willingness to do what must be done and is the right thing to do, even if it costs them their lives. That, to me, is not the same thing at all as doing it for money or for ego-strokes. As a matter of fact, I don't believe there IS enough money to buy that sort of dedication.

Now, if you want to argue, you'll have to do it by yourself.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Craky Man was an entertainer. His goofy dare-devil style sold commercials, but you can stick you head in a lion's mouth only so many times before the lion bites down. The animal stunt man was in love with money and publicity - not animals.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I heard on the news today that they are finding a lot of dead and mutilated stingrays along the beaches. Guess some people are getting revenge.

Posts: 141 | Location: Upstate, New York | Registered: 05 March 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Alberta Canuck,
I know what life and death are all about. You do not have to explain it to me. I just wanted to say that he was loved very dearly by his family no matter what the people on AR thought of him. Same as you, me, or anybody else. Adios,
Kevin

Posts: 10 | Location: Clint, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Be careful not to throw "conservationist" around as if it is a dirty word. In the true form, we hunters are all conservationist, that is advocating the wise use of our natural resources which hunting is an important part. We need to advocate what we and they truly are. The antihunting folks are better labeled as preservationist, and I find it ironic, how they don't want intervention of nature, but fail to remember that aboriginies/indians/europeans/africans/inuits/asians have all been part of nature and our oldest recorded history with cave art is of "hunting". The preservationist usually want to be the only ones intervening (hiking trails, walking with grizzlies which stresses them to no end, putting up their private $10mill home in their own game preserve, and in the end condemning hunters, etc.).

Deke.

Posts: 691 | Location: Somewhere in Idaho | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote