New
Find
Notify
Tools

IOR rifle scopes...
 Login/Join

<waldog>
posted
A local place has a selection of Romanian made "IOR" brand rifle scopes. All kinds from fixed 4x to tatical to high-mag variables. Near as I could tell in the store they were excellent glass and probably worth the the money the wanted for them.

Anyone ever owned anything of this make? Any experiences? I'd even settel for a few roomers! [Big Grin]

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I have two IOR/Valdada scopes. They are the only non-Leupold scopes that I 'fess up to.

One is a 10X tactical model with a 56mm objective lens. I can read car tags with it some 50 yards farther away than I can with a more powerful Leupold or any of the German brands, also at highter power. It is on a Sendero in .300 Win Mag and together they shoot better than I can hold. The mil-dot feature gives me ranging info and hold points out to extreme ranges.

The second one I have is a 4x fixed-power model on a pre-64 model 70 in .30/06. I used to have it on a .404 Jeffery and it held up to the recoil just fine. I find it as bright as any scope that I have. I particularly like the ocular lens focusing feature.

I think IOR is a quality company and will someday get a 3x9 for another rifle.

[ 07-30-2002, 15:43: Message edited by: judgeg ]

Posts: 7592 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote