THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Idaho grizzly bear hunter picked by Fish and Game in drawing

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Idaho grizzly bear hunter picked by Fish and Game in drawing
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
https://www.greatfallstribune....e-drawing/814352002/

Idaho grizzly bear hunter picked by Fish and Game in drawing

Associated Press Published 7:26 p.m. MT July 21, 2018

BOISE, Idaho — The Idaho Department of Fish and Game has completed a drawing and selected the one winning applicant who will be allowed to hunt a grizzly bear in Idaho this fall.

Fish and Game officials say the Ada County resident was selected Thursday and has been notified. The agency under state law can't release the person's name unless the person gives permission.

The agency says it received 1,272 applications, limited to Idaho residents, for the one grizzly bear hunting tag Idaho is allowed to offer this year.

Idaho's grizzly bear hunting season runs from Sept. 1 through Nov. 15.

Idaho officials in May approved a limited hunting season for grizzly bears in eastern Idaho just a year after the animals were removed from the Endangered Species List.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9409 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Good luck to the successful applicant!
I'm very shocked at the low number of applicants.....

I hope no one at Fish and Game leaks his name or address to the press, the whacky animal lovers would be a pain to deal with.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snellstrom:
Good luck to the successful applicant!
I'm very shocked at the low number of applicants.....

I hope no one at Fish and Game leaks his name or address to the press, the whacky animal lovers would be a pain to deal with.

I was surprised too at the low number of apps!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not, it was only open to residents.
if it were open to non residents the amount would have been 5 times higher.

at least that is the usual ratio I see in the field.

Posts: 4987 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote