New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colo Sheep and Goat results out
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Don't know if this relates to any of you, but the draw results for Sheep and Goats in Colorado are posted.

I didn't do any good this time around. I drew a goat tag in 2002 and a sheep tag in 1986, so I've at least had my chance.

However, my brother got his goat tag this year. He pulled it in area G-13 for the second season. His hunt dates are Set 19 to OCT 05. I'll take some time off and help him fill the tag.

So, anybody else get a tag?

Mac

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, but I did get another point and a useless license...
I now have 4 whole points... After reading what some of ya'll have posted, I need to have another 20 before even thinking of pulling a sheep tag.

Posts: 3456 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluefin:
No, but I did get another point and a useless license...
I now have 4 whole points... After reading what some of ya'll have posted, I need to have another 20 before even thinking of pulling a sheep tag.

I'm a little confused about the "useless license". You don't need to buy a license to apply for sheep and goats. You front the license money and if you are not drawn, the state refunds everything except for $3.25.

It took me 22 years to finally pull a goat tag, but I got my sheep tag on my very first try! But, it was a different ball game back then. My brother's goat tag came through with only the minimum 3 and 2 weighted points. So, he only applied 5 times before he drew.

Keep applying. And here's some advice. If you really want a sheep tag, go archery. In area S-20, the odds of pulling an archery tag are about 40%. So, if you have a handful of points, that one shouldn't be hard to pull. I've never hunted the area, so I don't know what to expect, but it has the best odds of drawing in all of Colorado.

Mac

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
I did not get a Desert Sheep tag once again, however I have drawn Bighorn Sheep and Goat tags in past years. My brother was unlucky on Sheep and Goats this year as well.
Good luck to all of you.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Zero...................again!

Posts: 663 | Location: On a hunt somewhere | Registered: 22 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My oldest son drew sheep, not sure where, I drew Wyoming sheep and he drew colorado. Lucky year I guess.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Nothing but points for me this year.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote