New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deer in MONTANA SUX !!!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I drew Montana hoping to find a DOE !!! I can't shoot one here in Idaho. SO after several days of looking for one ALL I could find was this buck.

-

THEN.. Later that day... My buddy shot this one..

-

THEN, his buddy 2 days later shot this one..

-

My buddy greenhorn shot this one...

-

Another friend "MTMILLER" from my board that hunts Montana shot this one :

-

I tell you what.. MONTANA SUX If you're looking for a "DOE". Although I heard RUSSLESS Tiller (Or something like that) got into ALOT of DOES. MAybe I can hire the GUIDE that he did to help track down a doe. I was there one day of deer hunting and We saw only 7 BUCKS. 4 were 4pnt or better. MAYBE I can use a horse next time too [Big Grin] [Big Grin] HAHA !!

ANYWAYS, BOTTOM LINE, MONTANA SUX!!!!!!

Posts: 71 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 25 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Man Moosie that stinks [Big Grin]
You go to Montana ona Doe tag and all you can find is a 5x5! Life is so unfair!

Posts: 1525 | Location: Hilliard Oh USA | Registered: 17 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Moosie, come to Texas. We have lots of little doe down here. Sorry about your bad luck in Montana. [Frown]

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of redial
posted Hide Post
Psst - hey Moosie. Those is baby elks. Ya better put 'em back where ya found 'em before someone sees ya. They ain't yet keeper size.

Wow! Ya done good sir! I was out trudging around yesterday but ended up only taking my rifle for a walk in the snow. Not as much fun as you had, but a good time nonetheless.

Cheers

Redial

Posts: 1121 | Location: Florence, MT USA | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
NAHH.. not a baby elk.. that's in my other post [Wink]

one of us
posted Hide Post
That lake looks familiar, good to see it's got a few deer around it.

Posts: 14601 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, thats the pits dude! I've heard there are a lot of does in the major metropolitan areas in the US, particularly in the fall. No charge for the tip, better luck next year. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Moosie.. I hunted for about 2 days for deer on the hunt I took that whitetail and saw close to 20 that were 4X4 or better. Saw 2 better than the one I shot, one on the wrong side of a property boundary, the other I flubbed it up. Wish I'd of shown more restraint on the trigger, but there's always next year to look forward to. I shot 4 meat does this year (so far) as I have some hungry friends and there is some big bag limits in some archery only areas. What I want to know is where I can find an outfitter specializing on does also, wonder how much that will set me back? If it's more than ten dollars.. no thanks.

See just how poorly MT has managed it's deer herds. [Roll Eyes]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Greeny, I hear ya man, I'm writing my letter today matter of fact !!! [Wink]

Amos, Thanx for the Condolences !!

Pecos, I might take you up on the doe offer some day. Are those the ones you can PUt in your pocket ?!?!?!

Redial, Isn't Missula were ALL the bucks are from ?!?! DID ya ever put one down ? CHEERS back at ya !!

DIGIdan.. thanx for the tip, I hear country roads and a CHEVY truck work good too !!!!