Find
Notify
Tools

Idaho's DAV program
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of touchdown88
posted Hide Post
Looks like a great program. Here's another page that spells out the requirements.

https://fishandgame.idaho.gov/...icenses/?getPage=289

Posts: 345 | Location: Ogden, Utah | Registered: 13 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I understand this the right way if I submit a letter showing myself as a combat wounded vet I can get a non resident tag for the cost shown?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You'll need the VA letter, if you login into the VA website it will be under letters.

If you have not set up your VA website, or don't want to just visit the VA, DAV, VFW or Order of the Purple Heart and they will help you get a copy.

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Highlander7
posted Hide Post
Nice job Idaho! tu2 Just wish more states would do something like that.

MSG, USA (Ret.) Armor
NRA Life Memeber

Posts: 596 | Location: Chester County, PA. | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wish they would to, I would think Texas would do something like that.

It is the most pro veteran state out there.

Then again for what a non-resident Texas hunting license cost, you can send a lot of bullets down range down there.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sweet. I got a 40% rating when I retired so I'm eligible. Good to know if I decide to hunt elk or deer outside my native CO.

Posts: 1351 | Location: CO born, but in Athens, TX now. | Registered: 03 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of don444
posted Hide Post
Good for Idaho!

Posts: 551 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wish all states were that classy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by don444:
Good for Idaho!

Idaho must be fairly well funded to do this. Maybe it isn't well utilized.

New Mexico has a good program for people who are disabled. Not necessarily Veterans, but quite a few are.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know about well funded, but they realize it is the right thing to do for people who sacrificed for their country...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
that and they make it up writing tickets

Posts: 4988 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
The Sportsman License is free to DAV in the state of Texas, resident or non-resident. You just have to show your VA letter.

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
what's the percentage rate for the Texas license?

One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
Not sure but I think it is 60%.

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for posting that on Texas, it is by far the kindest state to Disabled Veterans!