Find
Notify
Tools

Taxidermist in El Paso
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hello,

I am looking for the name of a good taxidermist in the El Paso, TX area. I am going to be hunting around Marfa, TX at the end of Jan. and will fly out of El Paso. I need someone to handle the capes and horns (hopefully!) Thanks.

Posts: 214 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 23 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
I have a friend that frequents this site that lives in El Paso and he uses a taxidermist out of San Angelo that he is really happy with. I would imagine that if there were a better taxidermist in El Paso he would use them. I would look into shipping whatever it is you want to have mounted directly to the guy in San Angelo from Marfa. It would not cost very much at all.

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unless things have changed in the last 7 years its doubtful you'll find any. I lived there for nearly 10 years and never found anyone I could recommend. Most of my mounts were shipped to my guy in Kentucky.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Check Alpine. You may find someone there. You hunting pronghorn?

I shot a good pronghorn near Alpine a few years ago. One of the taxidermists lurking around the hunt area was Sportsman Memory Shop out of Grapeland, Texas. I let them have the head and they did a fine job. Their number is (936) 687-2945.

If you talk to them, they can tell you what to do in case you want to ship from Marfa to Grapeland instead of taking the trophy to El Paso first.

Posts: 13807 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There are a few good ones in alamogordo, or Las cruces NM

Posts: 188 | Location: Las Cruces, NM | Registered: 31 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help. I am hunting aoudad sheep, and we fly in and out of El Paso. Where is Alpine?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Get on your horse and head east from El Paso...just about the time the horse dies from thirst you will be to Alpine! cheers

one of us
posted Hide Post
I see that Alpine is only about 25 miles from Marfa. That might be the best option I will call and check things out. I also sent a note to my outfitter regarding taxidermists in the area, but nothing back yet.