New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where to Go......
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am planning a hunting trip for 2007 with my mother. (Don't laugh) My father and I go on a lot of hunts and she said she wanted to do a hunt with her son. Which is fine by me. Don't not pick places that are rough hunting since she has hunted elk in Wyoming, Montana and Idaho. Moose and Caribou in BC and she is going to Alaska this year to hunt Moose and Inland Griz with my father.

Here are a couple Guidlines.

We would want to drive withing 800-1000 miles of North Idaho (Sandpoint), so it can be in Canada or in the US. (We would want to bring the meat back)

We would want to spend about $5,000 or less a piece. (10,000 or less total for the hunt not including tips)

Where do YOU think we should go. (We don't want to hunt black bear) We would want to hunt with an outfitter that runs a good camp.

Thanks ahead.

I already tried to talk her into Africa but she said No.

Mink and Wall Tents don't go together. Especially when you are sleeping in the Wall Tent.
DRSS .470 & .500

Posts: 1051 | Location: The Land of Lutefisk | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
Keep working on her about Africa.... Razzer

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
She wants to drive somewhere. My father and I are going to Zim in '08, but she doesn't want to leave the US (Canada is OK)

Mink and Wall Tents don't go together. Especially when you are sleeping in the Wall Tent.
DRSS .470 & .500

Posts: 1051 | Location: The Land of Lutefisk | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MrHawg
posted Hide Post
A good goose hunt in Canada would be a cool trip, and would fit in your price range.

Posts: 244 | Location: Margaritaville | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Trying to stick to Big Game. Plus I do goose hunts with a college buddy that cost a group of us about $350 total each for a week of hunting. Last hunt we bagged 110.

DRSS .470 & .500

one of us
posted Hide Post
Have you ever hunted Mule Deer and pronghorn. You could do a combo that would probably fit in that price range?

The guys/gals here could give you a referral to an outfitter in Wyoming or elsewhere. Or even a Desert Mule deer in Texas or Mexico.

I am a "mature" woman; and I never get tired of mulies and antelope, unless I'm going to Africa.

Regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sierra-first I was gonna say go to POW or Van Island for black kuma but then I read your post further.

I would have to say take a look at AZ for Coues deer. Not sure how far it is for you but it is one neat animal. My fav cloven hoofed for sure.

Bruins being my all time fav.

Good luck

Mark D

I also would think about New Mex for lopes.

Posts: 1089 | Location: Bozeman, Mt | Registered: 05 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
SierraBravo45,

Dang! You live in Sandpoint, ID and you want to go somewhere ELSE to hunt?! I lived in Cd'A for a couple of years and didn't have to go more than 20 minutes outta town to hunt whitetails, black bears, elk, and turkeys! Maybe I'm just jealous! Good luck on your hunt!

Good hunting,

Andy

-----------------------------
Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Sierrabravo 45,

How about my eastern Montana reservation hunts? I have bison, all the way from a meat critter to monster bulls or very nice antelope. No draw as these are on the Res! The terrain is plains and is easy on the joints. Our hunting lodge is modest but very comfortable and privacy a plenty for your mom (ensuit baths)!

~Ann

Posts: 19271 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote