THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    KItty Kitty Part 2: The Real Story: Tracking the Cat!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

KItty Kitty Part 2: The Real Story: Tracking the Cat!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
So, I read with great delight the post about the new record cat taken in Texas. Fell out of the chair.

Yep, that is Jim Hackiewicz holding the tom. Jim lives in North Bend, WA, which is east of Seattle. I know Jim and have done some gun work for him.

And today, a gent by the name of Roy Hisler was in the shop to pick up his 375 H&H that I rebarreled. Roy is the guy that shot the cat, while he and Jim were out calling for coyotes. Roy is from Duval, WA, just NE of Seattle. Jim was down a road calling, Roy was sitting against a bluff overlooking the road. Roy turned and looked behind, and saw the cat above him. One shot from the 30-06. Jim hurries over and asked what Roy had shot at. Both go looking for the cat, he traveled about 60 yards in the brush. After finding the critter, it was a drag to the truck some distance away, as they had walked in behind a locked gated.

Oh, how much did it weigh? Roy said just at 200 pounds. Hide is at a taxidermist now, some time in the future photos of a mount may appear.

I think Jim posted the story several months ago on 24 hour Campfire, and perhaps on this board also. A search might turn up something. Instead of Cougar, search using Lion or Mt. Lion.

Posts: 1055 | Location: Real Sasquatch Country!!! I Seen 'Em! | Registered: 16 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can't even call a bobcat in, but I would dearly love to try for a bigger cat. BTW how is the "jungle carbine" project going. I am considering a similar project myself.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote