New
Find
Notify
Tools

DU Festival
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone headed to Memphis for the DU festival this weekend?

Posts: 696 | Location: Texas, Wash, DC | Registered: 24 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm already there. [Wink]

I've worked it in the past, it's a good show. Decided to "work" at the Air Show instead this year just up the road.

If anyone's coming into town from out-of-town, let me know. I can give you some pointers on what to do/see in your spare time, maybe meet you for a bite, or some time on the range...

one of us
posted Hide Post
If you make it by the fetival come on by and see me and my other guys at the Paralyzed Veterans of America booth. We also have a shooting station at all of the shooting events and a few of the other areas. Ask anyone in a wheelchair with a PVA hat on for Doug, I am not in a chair.

[ 05-30-2003, 06:26: Message edited by: dwhunter ]

Posts: 696 | Location: Texas, Wash, DC | Registered: 24 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
I am going!! I'll try to look you up.

Posts: 3103 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
<Delta Hunter>
posted
I live there, so I'll be going, as soon as my son's baseball game is over with on Saturday. And on Sunday I'm going with my family to the air show to see the Blue Angels. This is shaping up to be a great weekend.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Stop be the PVA tent and look me up and say hello. Or I will probably be at the PVA site on the gun Range.

Doug

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Delta Hunter:
And on Sunday I'm going with my family to the air show to see the Blue Angels.

DH-

I was there today. Great show! The Blue Angels did their usual great job. The coolest plane this year though had to be the biplane with a prop on front & a jet engine under the belly! [Eek!]

Have fun tomorrow!

<Delta Hunter>
posted
Cold Bore, yep it was a great show as usual. The weather was perfect. That bi-plane with the jet engine underneath was something else alright. Just didn't seem right though hearing that jet engine sound coming from a prop plane. The Blue Angels were awesome of course.

Doug, I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you at the DU festival. Where was the PVA tent? I never saw it. We got there kind of late on Saturday after my son's baseball game and I didn't have time to do or see everything I wanted to. I hope you had a good time while here.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Delta Hunter,

We were just up from the Caterpillar display. I spent most of the show in meetings and entertaining folks. Aaron Tippin's folks came up for the festival and I spent quite a bit of time with them, Aaron is one of our spokesman. With the local newspaper articles and news reports we had quite a few wheelchair folks come out and helping out our guys was also a full time job, so I spent quite a bit of time going back and forth to the various shooting villages. See you next year as we will be supporting the disabled at all future festivals.