New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 550?
 Login/Join

<OTTO>
posted
Any of you had experience with the CZ 550 American or Lux? What do you think of them? I'm looking at an American in 270 win. There is a ton of them available on gunbroker.com.

------------------
From my cold, dead hands!
Thanks Chuck!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one in a .22 Hornet and I really like it and it shoots better than I can.

------------------

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i've got the lux in 9.3x62. it's incredibly accurate but the low dropping butt stock might present a problem for you.

------------------
"Laws are like sausages, it's better not to see either being made"--Otto Von Bismark

When in doubt, do a nuclear strike.

Posts: 1723 | Location: wyo | Registered: 03 March 2001Reply With Quote
<thomas purdom>
posted
I have the CZ 550 American in 7x57mm Mauser and could not be more happy with the rifle. It spits 160 grain bullets in front of H414 out the tube at around 2,800 fps, is a five shot .602 inch to 1 inch grouping rifle depending on how badly my Chev. s-10 is shaking in the wind, had very pretty wood, deep blue, and that nifty single set trigger is wonderful. I did glass bed my action area as it needed it, but that is no big deal to me. I have a heavy Burris 4x12 mounted on it and the rig weighs a total of 9 pounds and four ounces, complete with five rounds stuffed into it. It would be one hell of a bargain for another hundred or so dollars and one of these days CZ-USA is going to find out they have a winner and up the price a bunch. My little brother was so impressed with mine, when he saw the CZ 550 FS in the book, he wanted one, so I ordered it today for him in 7x57mm Mauser ... a classic cartridge for a classic looking rifle. The only thing I can suggest is ... get it ... get it ... get it! Tom Purdom

one of us
Picture of Heritage Arms
posted Hide Post
I am very fond of my CZ BRNOS they work all the time my .458 and .416 are of CZ manufacture and shoot better than my old .375 Westley and Richards I sold.

Posts: 1573 | Location: USA, most of the time  | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
<Pygmy>
posted
A gunsmith on another forum said that he thought the CZ 550 was presently a great value and considerably underpriced for the quality....

I can only comment on one, a 9.3 x 62 that I bought last spring and spent the summer shooting to work up handloads..

Fit and finish are superior to domestic offerings of similar price...The sinlge set trigger is a really cool feature IMHO, and after some routine load development , no bedding, no tuning, no NUTTIN', it is presently the most accurate hunting rifle in my cabinet...

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OTTO:
Any of you had experience with the CZ 550 American or Lux? What do you think of them? I'm looking at an American in 270 win. There is a ton of them available on gunbroker.com.

Go with it you will not be sorry you did!
If ton80(Phil)is the person selling these on gunbroker.com he is great to do bussiness with
Good Luck!!

Posts: 2359 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
<OTTO>
posted
I found a guy who won a prestige grade CZ 550 in .270 winchester. Brand new in box, never fired. He wanted $425 for it. He said he didn't need a cheapy rifle like that one laying around. So I offered him $400 so he wouldn't have to be looked down on by his friends. Seems he thinks I did him a favor cause it's in my gun safe now. I'm $400 poorer but 1 Really Nice rifle richer.

------------------
From my cold, dead hands!
Thanks Chuck!

<Pygmy>
posted
Otto.....Glad to hear you did the Christian thing and helped that poor fellow out... .........

Let us know how your new rifle shoots..

one of us
Picture of eric 98
posted Hide Post
I too have a 550 LUX in 9.3x62. I like the stock, and it is a good rifle for the money. Mine has a plastic follower but I don't have a problem with that. The wood is beautiful. Buy one before CZ wises up and raises their prices !

Posts: 287 | Location: Florida USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
<Reloader66>
posted
The CZ is one fine shooting rifle no matter what cartridge it is chambered to shoot. To bad American made factory rifles don't come with fully adjustable triggers for the same money. The CZ also puts premium hand lapped barrels on those rifles. I own two CZ rifles and both shoot very nice groups with my handloads. My CZ model 550 in 308 shoots fantastic groups.

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Anyone have the CZ website addy?

------------------
Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.czub.cz/zbranea.HTM

Hermann

------------------

Posts: 828 | Location: Europe | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote