New
Find
Notify
Tools

Goodbye to CDL Rem 700?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I went online and the 2007 Rem catalog is available to download....

But going thru it, NO CDL was listed!

I sure hope this is not the case...

I think the CDL was one of the best looking Remingtons, minus the VLS varmint and a few of their newer varmint rigs, like the XC100...

It looks like the Mountain rifles, and the Model 7 Laminates are not in the catalog that I down loaded....

Is Remington canning this stuff because it isn't selling???

That is a sad story if it is true...

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
The CDL was on my list to buy.. Darn, I Like it alot better than the shiny BDL..... Hopefully they arent pinning their future on those new mauser copies.

I might have to finally go stainless I guess

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2603 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's still on their website.

BJ

Posts: 86 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: 20 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The downloadable catalog is only their seasonal guide. It only contains the products that they launch now because the selling season is early in the year, usually Turkey guns, Varmint guns and some Sporting Clays guns. The real catalog won't be available until around the first of the year (same time as SHOT show.)

Aaron

Posts: 174 | Location: Utah | Registered: 15 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The real catalog won't be available until around the first of the year (same time as SHOT show.)

cool, actually, I was contemplating a CDL in 7/08....

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of lofter
posted Hide Post
I have 2 cdl's neither of which shoot. I'm not giving up yet but it's a PIA to pay a premium price and get subpar accuracy.

Anything worth doing is worth doing right the first time.

Posts: 411 | Location: Southeastern Pa | Registered: 30 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you reload (which I assume you do) don't give up on it yet. I got a 30 year old Remington 700 ADL in .270 a year ago. well, it would only shoot 2 inch groups. Most people people said that was real good. It wasn't good enough for me though. I needed better. This spring I got into reloading, and now that 30 year old .270 (completely stock and original) shoots dime-size 4 (sometimes 5) shot groups at 100 yds. Think I found my golden load. Just last night I took my second deer, and it was with my handload. Felt pretty darn good. Pretty good for a 17 year old kid, if I do say so myself.

Gun control is hitting your target.