New
Find
Notify
Tools

7x33mm Sako
 Login/Join

<RAO>
posted
All I know is that this cartridge was developed by Sako to fulfil local hunting needs.
What kind of game is harvested by this small number and what rifles are available for it.
Any info is welcome...

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know. Rodents, maybe? Perhaps some of our scandihoovian posters can enlighten us. - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
<Kimmo E>
posted
7*33 is often used for bird hunting in the skandinavian taiga.dogs are used to get the birds to sit in trees (tj�der Tetro urogallus, Orre Lyrurus tetrix)the dog barks to distract the bird so it cant hear the hunter. Distance are often short 25-150m. The dogs used are Norrbottensspets and Finnspets (local scandinavian species). 7*33 are used for other smallgames to.

<Kimmo E>
posted
I saw a typical sako 7*33 carbine with barrelband at my local gunshop, short forend.(It`s often used in carbines with are mannlicher stocked)

one of us
posted Hide Post
Check the Vihta Vuori (sp?) manual for more information. That cartridge's background is pretty interesting. Okie John.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Cartridges of the World says that the 7x33 Sako was designed for trappers and pelt hunting. It night make a good cartridge for handgun hunting if someone were to experiment with it, I guess. Could you get one in Pakistan? Do you plan on hunting with it?

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote