New
Find
Notify
Tools

Turkey Time
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
It was opening day for spring gobblers here in FL. I got a 21.2 lb tom today. How about anyone else? I'll be back for seconds(hopefully) tomorrow. best-o-luck

Posts: 267 | Location: Tampa | Registered: 01 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
Not tell April for me...

If you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Member of the Delaware Destroyers
Member Reeders Misfits
NRA Life Member ENDOWMENT MEMBER
NAHC Life Member
DSA Life Member

Posts: 3142 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 15 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i saw 26 with 4 shootable toms yeasterday at 10:00 in a cut cornfield after a rain shower. 20 min later i saw 6 and 1 tom in a front yard of a subdivision.
at least there all henned up. hopefully when the season starts the hens will be just heading to the nests.

Posts: 3986 | Location: in the tall grass "milling" around. | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Josh K.
posted Hide Post
I saw 3 really nice gobblers behind my mothers house yesterday..all big boys. dancing

Posts: 362 | Location: St.Louis Mo | Registered: 15 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Saw 15 hens in one flock yesterday guiding a youth on our youth hunt. Today we saw that same flock with one longbeard mixed in. Had some guy scare two more long beards off of us around 8am. I called up several jakes later in the morn and he smoked the closest one.

The smile says it all.

I'm going to hit em for three days next weekend for our regular season opener, then it's off to Texas for a few days to chase Rios.

I'm pumped, I love chasing long beards!

Good Luck to all of you and Congrats on the fine bird.

Have a Good One,

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote