New
Find
Notify
Tools

Husquarna in 9,3mm
 Login/Join

<Mads>
posted
Can anyone from Sweden or Norway tell me if its possible to buy a good used husquarna in 9,3x57 or x62. Which price level such I exspect?

Regards

Mads

<Kimmo E>
posted
Yes here is plenty of them 300swe. crones -2500kr.

try www.jaktia.se
(beg Vapen)

mvh Kimmo

one of us
Picture of Slingster
posted Hide Post
There's an outfit in Texas named Buffalo Brothers that advertises Husqvarnas in 9.3x57 frequently in www.auctionarms.com. Go to that site and search; I'm sure you'll find several. Maybe they'll tell you where they get all of theirs.

[ 07-09-2002, 00:42: Message edited by: Slingster ]

Posts: 1079 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just bought a nice 246 in 9.3x62 from a member of this board-$350.

Posts: 1275 | Location: Fla | Registered: 16 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Be real carefull with that Buffalo Arms, the barrels are not as good as they claim and they are a little shady IMO...they tend to upgrade their guns...

You will find some nice Huskys in Mod. 98 and that is what you want, (be sure its a Mod 98 Mauser action)....in the Gunlist from time to time.

They run from $500 to $800....I have bought and sold several lately...

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
<Mads>
posted
Thank you for you replies. The Link that Kimmo gave is very succesfull. It will absolutly be easiest if I could buy it in Sweden.

But Atkinson gave me something new to think about!
Which Husquarna model do you rate the best?
Sure the Mauser 98 action would be a good choiche, but I was thinking of a Husquarna action.

Regards

Mads

<Kimmo E>
posted
Most of the old husqvarna rifles are m96(8*57,6,5*55,9,3*57) or M98 (9,3*62,30 06).
Husqvarna own design has model 1640 and 1900 series.

<Mads>
posted
OK Kimmo

But what is then a model 146 and 640?

Do you know when they started using their own actions?

Regards

Mads

<Kimmo E>
posted

one of us
posted Hide Post
Kimmos link is vey usefull if you are in to buing a HVA rifle!

I would suggest you try to get one of the HVA rifles with a FN civil model M-98 action. I don�t think HVA made any M-98 actions by them selfe. They bougth them from different makers down in central europe.

The HVA/FN M-98 action doesn�t have the thumbcut and cut for speedloaders (don�t know the name on that one [Smile] )

I would stay avay from M-96 actions in 9,3 rifles.

The 146 is a M-96 action and the 640 is a M-98. The 640 have several models of the M-98 included the good FN made M-98.

The web page Kimmo is linking to will sort things out for you!

Good luck with your hunt for a HVA!

Stefan.

Posts: 635 | Location: Umea/Sweden | Registered: 28 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the FN m-98 Husq in 3006 that I like a lot. If you are in the market for the M98 series the latter models featured a 45 degree wing safety, mauser variety that makes them good to use even with a low scope, since the wing doesnt need to be flipped to the entire left side, something my rifle does have. You might know the standard mauser wing has to be flipped all the way from the right to left, which makes it hard to mount a lower scope...

Posts: 935 | Location: USA | Registered: 03 June 2001Reply With Quote
<Made in Sweden>
posted
The 640 has a wingtype safety and the 1640 has a sideposition safety. And often the 640 has a cheaper gunstock made from some inexpensive wood, while the 1640 mostly are walnut-stocked. Both rifles are however somewhat mean to shoot since their stocks are tiny and badly shaped with a low overall gunweight. If you buy a 1640 (the only alternative in my mind) make sure you get the type with a triggerguard and mag.cover in steel instead of the model in aluminium.
You could buy these rifles in most gunshops here in Sweden, however they are getting harder and harder to come by because of the recent surge in popularity of the 9,3 caliber.
If you need help checking a rifle out before shipping, you could call me and I�ll be glad to help you with it.
+46 070 6677191
/Peter

one of us
Picture of Fritz Kraut
posted Hide Post
Some useful links: www.torsbohandels.com www.rydsvapen.se www.interjakt.com www www.jagareforbundet.se (Click button "annonser")

A fair price for a gun in good shape is 500 - 1500 Swedish Crowns ($50-150). My personal recommendation would be a #146 (M98 action. #46 has M96) with nice stock. #640 mostly have rough beechwood stocks.

Good luck!

Fritz

Posts: 846 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 19 April 2001Reply With Quote