THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Free plans to make your own game trail camera. Digital included.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Free plans to make your own game trail camera. Digital included.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
We've got a non commercial webpage with info on how to make your own game trail camera for under $100.00. Some good scroungers have made them for under $50.00 even. It's amazing what you can get on film 24 hours a day.

There are also plans on how to make your own digital game trail camera for under $200.00. The commercial versions are going for 3x plus.

There is a support forum to ask questions about trail cameras and to show off your pics. Everything from tigers in India to fishers in Canada.

Even if you don't want to make a camera the pics are awesome to see.

How to page

http://www.jesseshuntingpage.com/homebrew-cams.html

Support forum

http://www.jesseshuntingpage.com/forums/index.php?s=294f03437f6ca90cc7e0ce47f0 852f56&act=SF&f=50

[ 09-02-2002, 17:30: Message edited by: spectr17 ]

Posts: 424 | Location: Kali-fornya via Missouri | Registered: 23 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeez, why does everybody else have the good ideas? Sometimes I really think I'm a bonafide dummy. I have four VCR cameras I've been given over the last five years. What a perfect way to recycle them as they are just gathering dust now. And of course, I didn't think of it. Shit.....

Posts: 258 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland US of A | Registered: 01 June 2001Reply With Quote
<jdcaley>
posted
I happen to use the plans that they have and built my own camera! Man it works great, even better than my buddies cameras which they bought from catalogs and walmart. Best thing about these plans is you can customize your camera for your own needs. The pictures come out great because the cameras they suggest using are abit better in quality than some of the gamecams you can buy. Mine has a canon camera in it. I spent a total of $80.00 dollars on mine and have used it for 2 seasons now and have gotten alot of pictures, the insturctions are easy to follow and should be an easy project for anyone.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for this information, I've been wanting to place a game camera for bear photos and this is one way to do economically; a friend has a large grizzly visiting his cabin, has actually viewed the bear just a couple of times. Usually the only indication of a visit is large prints in the mud - thanks again for the project - KMule

Posts: 1300 | Location: Alaska.USA | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote
<quickdraw>
posted
spectr17,

You're the man. You've just saved me a ton of money and thus implicitly expanded my gun collection. I'm going to get my lazy hunting buddy to make us a couple.

Best,
QD

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm glad we could help you guys out. Don' forget to drop by the game camera forum and show off you pics.

Posts: 424 | Location: Kali-fornya via Missouri | Registered: 23 June 2001Reply With Quote