Find
Notify
Tools

Daughters first Turkey
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of acsteele
posted
I had left her at the blind we had just put up so I could run back to the truck for the stools I had forgoten.
Got about 100yds away, across a creek and BOOM.....then YEEE HAAW!!!
A large tom came strolling past a sharp eyed young lady, she reached over and picked up my Bennelli (3.5" magnums) and drilled him at about 35yds.
Big bird, about 25# beard was only about 7" or so but a trophy none the less. the fan is absolutly beautiful, and she is very proud. Now she won't give my gun back...she has a Weatherby Orion for sporting clays, but I couldn't find any tight chokes for it.
Guess I'll have to buy another Nova for the youngster. Anybody know if the composite stocks can be cut down?

She already has her deer tag for this year....I think I've created a monster!

Lt. Robert J. Dole, 10th Mountain, Italy.

Posts: 609 | Location: South-central KS | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Congrats to ole dead eye!!!!! I can't wait to take my little girl out for her first hunt on Thursday, course she is a 7 month old flushing/retriever. But you can be sure the camera will be close at hand!

Congrats again to the lucky lady!!!!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Congrats to you both - nothing like a first gobbler...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Congrats to both of you!! You have another hunter on your hands!!

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's great! I can't wait to take my daughter hunting.

Amazing how well a small person can handle large recoil.

Posts: 159 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 11 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
ac:

I can tell you from personal experience that you have definately created a monster. My daugter shot her first turkey age 12, and now at 16 she can barely wait for the season (any season - turkey, deer, whatever) to start.

Dave

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3840 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote