Notify
Tools

Taking Taxidermy on Airplane?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted
Hello all,

I have a simple and probably stupid question. But I was wondering if any of you have ever made a wooden crate including a taxidermied head and then checked it on the airplane as luggage. I will be traveling back home to Okla this weekend and my antelope from this past year is completed; therefore, I was just going to build a wooden crate and check it in as luggage on my return flight. I've looked at the airlines website and can't locate anywhere this would be prohibited; however, you never know.

So just curious if anyone else has ever done this.

Thanks,

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As long as the dimensions (L+W+H) and weight are within normal limits, shouldn't be a problem.

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Not sure you could get it on as carry on & I don't think I would trust the airline gorillas to not damage it. Pack it very, very well if checking it. Roll Eyes

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
I think you would be better off building a crate and simply shipping it UPS.

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When hunting in Slovakia a few years back I shot a good deer. The trophy (european style) was prepared while I was still there and I checked it as regular bagage. Just packed the skull in newspapers and cardboard. The horns are over a metre long but it was no problem. It arrived first of all the bagage when I got home and caused some comment among the other passengers Big Grin

Posts: 544 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 27 October 2001Reply With Quote