THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    How many rifles do you bring when flying?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many rifles do you bring when flying?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted
I notice it seems like fairly common practice to bring two rifles to Africa, just in case something happens. Aside from Africa, it seems like a not so common practice to bring two rifles if you're flying across the country to hunt or even to destination like Mongolia, Tajikistan, etc. It seems more common that people bring a second scope though.

I was hoping to gather some unscientific info on the subject. I'm particularly interested in how many rifles sheep hunters bring, where space and weight is at a premium. Thanks for your input.

Question:
How many rifles do you bring on a hunt that you have to fly to where the destination is within the US?

Choices:
One (no replacement scope)
Two + (no replacement scope)
One with a replacement scope
Two + with replacement scope(s)

Question:
How many rifles do you bring on a hunt that you have to fly to where the destination is outside of the US?

Choices:
I have never flown to a hunt outside the US

Question:
For a sheep/goat/ibex hunt, how many rifles do you bring when flying to your hunt?

Choices:
I have never flown to a sheep hunt

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote