Find
Notify
Tools

Idaho draw results out
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of mustbhuntn
posted
Idaho Fish and Game released results of the draw today. This makes 14 years in a row that I haven't drawn an elk or deer tag. It's a good thing there are some open hunts. My daughters drew deer in the South Hills units so we are looking forward to that. Good luck to everyone else.
The website is fishandgame.idaho.gov

Posts: 322 | Location: Green Forest, Arkansas | Registered: 24 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry you didn't snag a tag, Mustbhuntn.

I and my two buds put in for Antelope, antlered deer, and cow elk. I just checked and we got lucky on cow elk tags.

We'll be in 39, Boise River Zone. Hope to put some of that nice tender cow elk meat in our freezers.

Good luck to you on your general hunts.

L.W.

"A 9mm bullet may expand but a .45 bullet sure ain't gonna shrink."

Posts: 349 | Location: S.W. Idaho | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah Me

I got an extra wt antlerless and a cow elk.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have another bull tag. I would like to get a Antelope tag before I die. Ron

Posts: 987 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I didn't draw a thing. Cow elk, antelope, and late deer. Maybe next year ....

Posts: 420 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 08 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rub Line
posted Hide Post
Didn't get drawn again for unit 18, Hells Canyon. Will apply again next year!

-----------------------------------------------------

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him. Proverbs 26-4

National Rifle Association Life Member

Posts: 1992 | Location: WI | Registered: 28 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am floored... I put in (non-resident) for MZ antelope, MZ deer and late rifle bull, and drew all three... 25# have to come off me between now and first of November, or I am gonna die!

I feel very fortunate... A good friend in Idaho Falls put me on a 5X5 bull in 1997, and now I have a solid opportunity to better that, as well as get a high quality mule deer, if I do it right... (I had gone back in 2000 and 2002, once for elk and once for mule deer, striking out both times.)

I am sincerely looking forward to seeing that magnificant country again. Good luck and safe hunting to all.

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I missed out on a Bull tag and Antelope, but drew a Antlerless whitetail. Will try for a Spike bull otc tag and a Muley buck.

Good Hunting everyone.

Posts: 344 | Location: Pocatello, Idaho | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
doubless, the only problem is since 97 the wolf has changed many of our hunts. Good luck, where was your antelope tag for? Ron

Posts: 987 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
63-2, Ron. A friend in Idaho Falls said that was the one to apply for. Here's hoping!

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sdeshazo
posted Hide Post
No one in my group got drawn so it's now over the counter archery which was what we were planning on anyway. Thinking we are going to backpack hunt either 48 or 49 the 2nd week of september.
I hear the wolf are thick, may have to look into a wolf tag.

Posts: 224 | Location: St Augustine, Florida | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With Quote