Find
Notify
Tools

California hunting land
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted
I believe someone posted they were looking for hunting land in California. Well here you go!

This is not mine I just ran across it.

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2095 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
I've been a hunting guide in CA for almost 20 years and it seems a little silly to invest in private land in an area of public land. If you just want a place to stay while hunting the public land buy 10-40 acres, not 400+.

I'm also a Realtor specializing in ranch real estate and while I can't claim to know this listing agent or their area I do know that a section is 640 acres. If they are calling this 499 acres "almost" a section then I wouldn't offer them any more than "almost" (78%) their asking price ($331,500).

I don't know for sure what you can hunt in that area or how hard it is to get tags but that would be worth looking into.

Last week I closed escrow for a client on a 1,030 acre ranch for just $1,165 per acre. It has year round pig hunting, over-the-counter deer tags, year round small game, nearby farming, long term cattle lease, cabin, developed spring, fenced, and a decent road system. This is an area of all private land halfway between SF and LA with 20,000+ acre ranches on both sides. That makes a lot more sense as a hunting ranch to me.

Kyler

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2508 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote